Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Halloween 2016 - Dev Diary

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollt28 View Post
    I didn't play in 2015 so I don't know if there were any changes, but to get lvl 26 you can do that in few days, within the event for sure (every event has some starting level, 17 or smth etc, not rly relevant), but you can't jump for example from 52 to 56 level in event.

In case BB wants to give bigger challenge (with deserved rewards) to higher levels, they should give it to just only them and not to whole player base, so then for example lvl 35 could get max 10/10 achiv. from event, while lvl 60 could get 15/15 . It makes no sense to put achiv. which isn't possible to get in any way to a player, its only stressful.

If one of the reasons why there are achiv. is to show how players were active during xxx event, then for example lvl 40 player could be online every day and not get all of them, while on the other hand lvl 58 didn't rly care about event, didn't rly work on it and still get 100% of them ? I find it quite unfair

Event is good so far, but it makes no sense to give someone quest and then make him unable to complete it.
    Umm.. If you have any completed events under achievements you can see that they are all 100%.
    Would you prefer that BB gives only achievements that can be completed on the level a player is at the start of the event and rob the people that reach required level to complete more achievements during the event the chance to complete them?
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dappadon View Post
    In fact my main real gripe would be as a long time anno player that maybe you should be grateful the settlers still has events as anno stopped them after Easter and since no further development for anno and its now in maintenance mode, I can only hope settlers does not follow suit.
    Interesting. But the yearly events that are already developed could still be run (with minor modifications) right?
    Also, putting 2 and 2 together did they just move most/all of anno developers to tso?

Personal note: as I only log in during events lack of events would equal no logins..
    Last edited by topgearfan; 27.10.16 at 21:38.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    these maintenance downtimes are getting to be a huge pain. Is there any way for you folks to issue an in game mail giving notice of these "server downtimes"? Just wondering, it would avoid a lot of frustration when launching attacks mid adventure and having the server shut off.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    So how would you go about giving us high levels a challenge.
    It even could be like it is now - giving harder golem for a challenge, but this golem shouldn't be in the event achiv. for people who can't fight it (that should be for everyone - level 35 should stay at golem for his category and shouldn't get a quest to kill golem for lvl 45), but instead giving a quest to kill that golem, there should be something like You are not ready to challenge such evil yet or smth like that

But how to challenge high levels ? As I'm not one of you I doubt I will have better idea about it than you, but maybe give some extra reward for finishing Ali baba addys during event ? Events before everyone would just rush The Black Knights - I'm glad that its solved now, so I have seen high level players in my guild doing Ali Baba addys again during event, so for completing xxx ali baba addys (could be of certain type) ?
    Best case would be that every tier of players would get a special event addy (I think it could suit Hallowen event, since this game is on islands, it could be something like an escape from a horror island), but that requires a lot of extra work and I totally understand BB for not going that way
    Hanami <3

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    I'd say that the whole event and achievements are ok as they are. No need to complicate it for just cosmetic reason of low levels being able to see the whole scale of it from the bottom to the highest level.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    Umm.. If you have any completed events under achievements you can see that they are all 100%.
    Would you prefer that BB gives only achievements that can be completed on the level a player is at the start of the event and rob the people that reach required level to complete more achievements during the event the chance to complete them?
    Not meeting requirements for quests before event isn't robbing people since they weren't support to receive them anyway, robbing is when you give them quest and then make them unable to complete it (like now, for the last buffs you need plat ore to produce them, but plat ore in TO is so low that me and other players around my level (i asked them) have way more plat ore than tit ore, so if it weren't for level restriction we would be able to complete it).
    The best thing would be that after level up to next tier, you would get new quests (new quests - quests which were only avaliable to the higher tier of players before and to which player advanced ) but I'm not sure if its possible to add it later
    Hanami <3

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Dollt28, based on what you have said it would appear that you are suffering from some confusion over Quests and Achievments. In the current game meta they are not the same thing.

With quests you do not get to see ones above your tier. You do not get to see which ones othe players have completed though from experiance you can infer that another player has done some quests even though your inference may be wrong.
    With Achievements you do get to see the ones above you tier. You do get to see which ones other players have done on the whole though some may be hidden from you.

You have got yourself so worked up about this issue you have even failed to mention the other event related things you can not do because of your level.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    Dorotheus when achiv. wants you to do something i take that as quest, english isn't my first language so I don't know how to write that different but you are right, i shouldn't use word "quest" for that
    Hanami <3

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    anyone had the same problem with golems not destroying? when he event started i was able to detroy the golem with purified water, now it doesn't even harm the golem. something im doing wrong??

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by jamin1415 View Post
    anyone had the same problem with golems not destroying? when he event started i was able to detroy the golem with purified water, now it doesn't even harm the golem. something im doing wrong??
    Have you moved up to the next level Golem? If you now have a Greater Golem, you'll need to make and use Enriched Water as purified water has no effect on him.

Reply to Thread