Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Halloween 2016 - Dev Diary

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    dont know what i did but oddly enough after reading this i went back to the game and suddenly the quest completed, unusual, thanks for the info

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Halloween achievments

Hi.I am a player who i am interesting completing the achievements.But i just saw that i can not complete the "blessed protector" achievement because i need to be level 56 to accomplish this one.I kind feel tha the game "punish" me for not being lvl 56 and i am a little disapointed because i can not complete it.Please have this in consideration for the upcoming events.
    Thanks!!!

Merged
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 31.10.16 at 09:35.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Wondering if the developers intended to create a bottleneck with the ancient golems. Very expensive to kill (1200 titanium), especially for level 36 to (not sure, I'm at 38). High level guildmates were great about helping initially, but they've moved on to supremes and there are just too many of us with 600 heart ancients. Plus we have a few peeps who have just reached level 36 themselves and need to get their 5 killed for that achievement.

The bottleneck started with 10 days to go, so that's nearly half the event without this part available to those of us who happen to be at the wrong level or leveled up at the wrong time. There's no way I can afford or borrow 1200 titanium every day. If I was still under level 36, I could handle my own greater golems. So that's essentially 30 pumpkins lost per day.

Was this an oversight or done intentionally? It is frustrating.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by RosaLila View Post
    Was this an oversight or done intentionally? It is frustrating.
    My thought be intentionally and the reason why is golems used to spawn every 23 or 24 hours and slightly changed this event to take in the xxl level 50 increase.

Yes you are correct it will be more or less impossible to do at level 38 without help but higher levels say level 49 to 55 that dont get the supreme gollen they at a push will be ok in defeating the golems and getting extra to last year.

Also its the first time that golems have needed tit ore, it used to be tit bar so its also easy then previous events where it was tit bar and you would be struggling even more.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dappadon View Post
    Also its the first time that golems have needed tit ore, it used to be tit bar so its also easy then previous events where it was tit bar and you would be struggling even more.
    Sorry, but this is incorrect.

Both Last year and the previous year, the ancient golems required Holy Water to kill and it was made using titanium ore.
    Last edited by Madorosu; 02.11.16 at 12:27.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Madorosu View Post
    Sorry, but this is incorrect.
    On this part I stand corrected.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dappadon View Post
    Yes you are correct it will be more or less impossible to do at level 38 without help but higher levels say level 49 to 55 that dont get the supreme gollen they at a push will be ok in defeating the golems and getting extra to last year.
    I understand that I am supposed to be more frustrated in this than level 50s, but surely I should be doing better than under 35s. The ancient golem achievements got me 150 pumpkins (2 x 75), which is grand, but if I had been able to just plug along with iron based water I could have gotten 300 instead, and that's without staying up to do the 16 hour roll.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by RosaLila View Post
    I understand that I am supposed to be more frustrated in this than level 50s, but surely I should be doing better than under 35s. The ancient golem achievements got me 150 pumpkins (2 x 75), which is grand, but if I had been able to just plug along with iron based water I could have gotten 300 instead, and that's without staying up to do the 16 hour roll.
    This I understand and I know its no consolation but its more unlucky as well as frustrating for you.

There are some great people on Northisle that will always help, I am sure sandycove would be the same, my advise would be to try post a nice little post in trade chat, explain your predicament etc and im sure some kind heart folk will assist you, its worth a try at least.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Does anyone know if the fields still dish out pumpkins after the the start of the removal phase?

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    We don't intend for every player of every level to be able to achieve all achievements - some are reserved for high-level players, as the challenge they pose are intended for that level.

If we were to remove such restrictions, then what you'd end up with is achievements that aren't challenging, and can be completed by being boosted with high-level players e.g. high level players feeding low level players the materials needed to complete them. The low level player isn't achieving anything in that example.

But please feel free to continue leaving feedback, as these posts are taken into consideration when reviewed.

Thank you BB_Saqui.
    I have a reflection for your feedback.
    It is great that there are achievements to higher levels.
    And that some are reserved for high-level players, as They pose the challenge are Intended for That level. Yes, perfect, but ...
    The developers can take into account a system of individual achievements in the Events, so each player has their own personal challenge
    and unique, and not appear achievements for higher levels

In the same way that our golem appear in our islands at certain levels, such as:
    Rock Golem (Level 1* - 25)
    Greater Golem (Level 26 - 35)
    Ancient Golem (Level 36 - 55)
    Supreme Golem (Level 56+)

It should be possible in our system of achievement of Event, specific achievement for our levels. If I am level 34, the supreme Golem will not "spawn" in my island, then, the mission to "kill a golem supreme on the island a friend", should not" spawn " in my achievement system.

I personally do not bother me,
    but I understand that players be upset by this, and it is a simple solution to remedy,
    and all the players who are now affected in the future are not.

Thanks again and I hope that this feedback, help avoid unhappy players in the future.
    Last edited by Maria_Espa; 02.11.16 at 20:06.

Reply to Thread