Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: [Feedback] Halloween 2016 - Dev Diary

World
    Sandycove
    Well I'm still miffed with the `zero' element of the pumpkin refill from loot of this event and feel this needs looking at for the achievement aspect. And staying with achievements I've concluded that those not being able to fulfil 100% through being not high enough level to deal with the supreme golem is also unfair. I may be wrong but this must be the first event where a players level has prevented 100% achievement ( I've got 100% from all since achievements were introduced, and I've never been at the highest level for any of them ). The solution to this is blindingly obvious, those not able to have the supreme golem should have the option to kill 5 more ancients for the same reward, much like the event quest is tailored to level why not the achievement. It is after all just as hard for those in that level group to find those resources as the resources required for the next level golum is for the next level group. ( or should be if the Devs get the `balancing' right )
    I like the challenge of the achievements running through an event, it adds to the game, but if it starts to discriminate against some players, through no fault of their own, I feel it would quickly lose its appeal. I'll say again Achievements should reflect effort and participation and should show that effort in their achievements archive.
    And get rid of the `bad luck' element too, I quit the addy refill element yesterday and bought the refills from TO, simply because it was getting me down as there was no way my little settlers were going to make the 400 even on premium. My little pixels did me proud though, they sustained a FT and two or sometimes three full addys every day. It wasn't for the lack of effort on their part, the island creaked and groaned, I'm sure even the ghosts gave helping hand, the curse of Larili's bad luck was just too strong. You can run Dev's but you can not hide from Larili's evil eye, the nights are longer and from the shadows beware a cold wet flannel is heading in your direction. Zero's be gone, Cackles
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by RosaLila View Post
    Wondering if the developers intended to create a bottleneck with the ancient golems. Very expensive to kill (1200 titanium),.
    I felt a "pinch" doing the ancient golems, at level 58. I had much less Titanium than Platinum and I can't make my own Titanium yet so I found that more of a challenge. I'm not saying it's wrong, but it did seem a little backward to me.

And I also agree that it seems unrealistic to keep the pumpkin cemeteries running all the time. Even just the Noble ones. I played a week on premium and went through at least 5 adventures per day and still could not keep up. The number of zeros wasn't as much of an issue for me as the number of the smaller drops. I think either the percentages should change, or better yet the value for the number in the drop should increase, or best yet I think it should return to simple pumpkins in loot in the future.
    Last edited by Xibor; 02.11.16 at 21:31.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dappadon View Post
    This I understand and I know its no consolation but its more unlucky as well as frustrating for you.

There are some great people on Northisle that will always help, I am sure sandycove would be the same, my advise would be to try post a nice little post in trade chat, explain your predicament etc and im sure some kind heart folk will assist you, its worth a try at least.
    My guildmates were grand at helping us get the achievements, but we can't keep asking for 1200 titanium PER DAY for 40 pumpkins. That amount could get around 60 pumpkins on TO.

What Xibor says about platinum seems to be true as well. It's only those of us who are stuck on ancients who are leaving them sit day after day. And for nearly half the event? Surely that wasn't planned.

World
    Newfoundland
    last year there was no supreme and "everybody" left the ancient sitting. so this year is an improvement?
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    To update you all on the conversion rate and whether refillers are also affected:

What about remaining Pumpkin Cemeteries and Re-Fillers?
    Pumpkins remaining on each field, no matter if the fields have been built or if they are still in your Star Menu, will be converted to coins, along with all remaining re-fillers.
    How many coins do I get for one Pumpkin?
    No matter where the Pumpkin is originating from (Cemetery, warehouse, Re-Filler, mail etc.), you will get 0.5 coins for 1 Pumpkin.

Reply to Thread