Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Halloween 2016 - Dev Diary

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychokilla View Post
    Please clarify.

Since Event Achievements were started I have always completed them 100%. It seems this time I will not be able to do so as I will not be able to defeat a supreme Golem or use 50 vials of glistening water on a friends Golem due to me being below the required level of 56.

I understand I am not fully able to complete the non event achievements yet due to my level, but in time I can work towards that. However, I feel with an event this is particularly unfair as I will at no point be able to complete them once the event has finished and yet the percentage completed will forever be displayed as (what I see as) a failure. For those OCD type people (myself included) amongst us this will be extremely annoying.

Surely, Achievements should be achievable? Isn't that the idea of them?

Would like some feedback on this point if at all possible?

Thanks in advance.
    Are you sure you cant do the 50 vial achievement ? It don't say you have to make them just that you have to use them.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Are you sure you cant do the 50 vial achievement ? It don't say you have to make them just that you have to use them.
    Definitely, I cannot create the vials and they are non tradable so I cant get them from friends, no chance of getting to level 56 during the event either unfortunately.

World
    Sandycove
    Definitely, I cannot create the vials and they are non tradable so I cant get them from friends, no chance of getting to level 56 during the event either unfortunately.
    I sense your frustration but I don't see any way around it - some achievements can't be done by all people. I know that the last time it was related to collectibles and the demands were quite and that many felt that needing to get all 3 drops each day wasn't fair. Other things might be based on how many things the explorers can find but not everyone has a full compliment of possible explorers.

While I agree with you that I like seeing the 100% also and it bothers me if I don't get it (like one Easter when I was in the Philippines and could only get a horrible slow internet connection causing me to miss a couple) - sometimes not all of them can be done by a given player.

Your point is well taken though that in this case no amount of effort can fix it - the rules aren't letting you, and that is not good in my opinion.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    Yes that's completely my point, no amount of effort can achieve them at my current level, I suppose it could be argued that if I didn't sleep from now until the end of the event and constantly did adventures then I could level up, and I would need to do it in time to kill and respawn 5 golems. I don't actually think I would have the time, even if I didn't sleep. very frustrating if you ask me.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes that's completely my point, no amount of effort can achieve them at my current level, I suppose it could be argued that if I didn't sleep from now until the end of the event and constantly did adventures then I could level up, and I would need to do it in time to kill and respawn 5 golems. I don't actually think I would have the time, even if I didn't sleep. very frustrating if you ask me.
    I totally agree. There should not be achievements in an event that requires you to be a certain level. It is not fair- It takes month at these levels to level up.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle

With the previous events especially the halloween, it was possible for the lower level player to make the water, to hit a friends/guildies Golem, even if that type of Golem was not spawned during the event, due to the level of said player. So therefore I think BB, should either allow us to trade the water kill buffs or remove the restriction of having to be a certain level before you can make them.

World
    Newfoundland
    Achievements and special building are there to mark your progress in the game at the time of the event. Why should a low level that started last week be entitled to the same things a higher level player has earned over the past 5 years?
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    We don't intend for every player of every level to be able to achieve all achievements - some are reserved for high-level players, as the challenge they pose are intended for that level.

If we were to remove such restrictions, then what you'd end up with is achievements that aren't challenging, and can be completed by being boosted with high-level players e.g. high level players feeding low level players the materials needed to complete them. The low level player isn't achieving anything in that example.

But please feel free to continue leaving feedback, as these posts are taken into consideration when reviewed.
    Last edited by BB_Saqui; 20.10.16 at 11:22.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    We don't intend for every player of every level to be able to achieve all achievements - some are reserved for high-level players, as the challenge they pose are intended for that level.

If we were to remove such restrictions, then what you'd end up with is achievements that aren't challenging, and can be completed by being boosted with high-level players e.g. high level players feeding low level players the materials needed to complete them. The low level player isn't achieving anything in that example.

But please feel free to continue leaving feedback, as these posts are taken into consideration when reviewed.
    To have an achievement that requires you to be at a higher level is not a challenge - maybe it is at level 10 or 20, when level up is fast - but above level 50 you cant call it a challenge. A challenge is something you can overcome if you work on it - this is just impossible and therefore unfair and not a challenge.

So those who happen to be above level 56 can complete if they make an effort - but those above cant - that is simply unfair.

It is ok that there is different challenges at different levels - and you might put in ach what level you did ot on - but the achievements should be possible to do for all - if they put in the time and effort.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    To have an achievement that requires you to be at a higher level is not a challenge - maybe it is at level 10 or 20, when level up is fast - but above level 50 you cant call it a challenge. A challenge is something you can overcome if you work on it - this is just impossible and therefore unfair and not a challenge.

So those who happen to be above level 56 can complete if they make an effort - but those above cant - that is simply unfair.

It is ok that there is different challenges at different levels - and you might put in ach what level you did ot on - but the achievements should be possible to do for all - if they put in the time and effort.
    No-one said the achievement should be a challenge for people, who didn't reach a specific level. I suggest you to read Saquis post again.

Reply to Thread