Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Trade not working

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    We would like to inform you that a game hotfix will take place on October 18th (later today), from approx. 12:30 BST until 14:30 BST. This is to resolve an issue with trading.

Thank you for your patience!

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Nice use of the test server!! NOT

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Thanks BB_Saqui for getting onto this so quickly, and for keeping us informed at all stages. Many times in the past we have been ignored/kept in the dark. Nice to see far greater communication from 'above' at last.

World
    Newfoundland
    it's something you will get used to snowy, rare that any game updated doesnt result in at least 1 bug that needs a hotfix maintenance to fix, we have all got used to there being extra maintenance on day one of events now after 4+ years of playing TSO

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I assume TO on the test server is used far far less than in live game. Fewer test cases = increased likelihood of nasties getting through. Moral - we must all use test server more before updates go live.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Selarr View Post
    I assume TO on the test server is used far far less than in live game. Fewer test cases = increased likelihood of nasties getting through. Moral - we must all use test server more before updates go live.
    Any use of the test server will help us prevent these sort of bugs from happening, so it's very much appreciated. However it goes without saying that sometimes things just aren't discovered until they're put into a live environment (with thousands of players). Our goal is always to prevent these from happening in the first place, but if they do occur, we try to fix them quickly to minimise any disruption for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Thanks BB_Saqui for getting onto this so quickly, and for keeping us informed at all stages. Many times in the past we have been ignored/kept in the dark. Nice to see far greater communication from 'above' at last.
    Thank you for the kind words. I know how much you all look forward to the Halloween update (my favourite too!), so squashing this issue was top priority this morning. I will endeavour to keep this sort of communication with you guys consistent in other future occurrences.
    Last edited by BB_Saqui; 18.10.16 at 15:50.

World
    Sandycove
    It was quite frustrating when the trade was not working, but I also want to congratulate BB on a timely fix to the problem - so at least things were fixed in a reasonable time frame and there was good communication on the issue. Cheers!!
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread