Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cant close info window so I can play game [16515]

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Dear fox-ish Settlers,

With the latest Firefox version (49.01) many details changed "under the hood". This caused an invisible layer now to disappear when the game is started. As a result nothing can be done inside the game, although it's loaded properly.

Our developers are working on a fix. Since it's a website based issue, no game update is needed to apply the changes. We will update this post once the improvement is deployed.

How can you still play?
    • Please use our "Slim Browser" to be able to play
    • Use Firefox portable version 48.0.2 or lower
    • Use another Browser like Chrome, Edge or Internet Explorer

Thank you for your patience!

EDIT: a hotfix has been deployed which should resolve this issue. Please report if this worked or not in this thread.

EDIT2: OK - so the hotfix will allow you to log in normally and get past the window, but multiple reports suggest that Firefox still suffers from a huge amount of lag since version 49.01 went live.

This is due to the "Protected Flash" option being automatically turned on by default with the new version. You'll need to follow this guide to turn it off, and you'll notice the lag disappear.

IMPORTANT EDIT Today there was a Firefox update to Version 49.0.2 - please can you make sure you've downloaded this latest version. In its changelog there's a specific fix for these issues:

Asynchronous rendering of the Flash plugins is now enabled by default. This should improve performance and reduce crashes for sites that use the Flash plugin. (Bug 1307108)
    You can download this new version here.
    Last edited by BB_Saqui; 21.10.16 at 12:18.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Cant close info window so I can play game [16515]

Sitting on a Macbook Pro everything is updated, game loads can't click anything.

edit: works fine in chrome
    Last edited by Jalgot; 13.10.16 at 01:46.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Cant close info window so I can play game [16515]

Since the last update and hotfix I can't get the Halloween info window to close so I can play the game. My game is fully loaded behind the screen but I can't play or click on anything on my screen so I can play. I can't even get to the support page to send a report.

http://prntscr.com/cvtus4

http://prntscr.com/cvux7o

still cant close this window which means I am also losing out on being able to gather my collectibles, including the pumpkins........

Please fix this asap
    Last edited by BB_Saqui; 20.10.16 at 09:48. Reason: add screenshot

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    i have the same problem i can see sombody highlighting stuff on my home island but i cant get the Halloween info window to close so I can play the game.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    i have the same issue

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Same here and its slowing stuff running in other windows too !

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    In fact its freezing everything else until i close it.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Rosiyan

i have the same problem i can see sombody highlighting stuff on my home island but i cant get the Halloween info window to close so I can play the game.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by auntyrae View Post
    Since the last update and hotfix I can't get the Halloween info window to close so I can play the game. My game is fully loaded behind the screen but I can't play or click on anything on my screen so I can play. I can't even get to the support page to send a report.

http://prntscr.com/cvtus4

http://prntscr.com/cvux7o

still cant close this window which means I am also losing out on being able to gather my collectibles, including the pumpkins........

Please fix this asap
    Can you try refreshing the game, making sure Flash Player is up to date, as well as clearing your cache.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I have the same problem. Restarting and clearing the cache does not work. The problem seems to be related to firefox atm.
    I logged on after the servers went up, before the emergency patch, and it worked then.
    After the emergency patch it stoped working.

I logged on on another computer and there I can log on with firefox. On that PC I have not loged on before the emergency patch this afternoon.

Reply to Thread