Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: HTML5 version of the game (dropping Flash)

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Everything I have to say to BB about their arguments and opinion is LOL

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    Thanks all for your concerns. Flash isn't going anywhere anytime soon. The news that many of you are referencing is in regards to Flash being active by default on those browsers mentioned. This means that when you reach some Flash-enabled content, it will ask your permission before activating it; this is only a good thing because it gives you a choice. Since you guys play "The Settlers Online", you've made the choice to show that content to play the game.

We don't plan on stopping development with Flash. Remember that if Flash was somehow ever going to go away permanently, we would be the first to take action and inform our community accordingly.

Until that happens, you have nothing to worry about.
    As what I was thinking and what I said

Thanks for the answer

But for sure, one day, not in short time, but close to short term, flash somehow will be dead anyway, the more restriction on flash will make game experience worst compared to previous days (as for example the chrome blocking the flash in background, other browsers will do the same soon).

Maybe HTTP2 will fix a lot of issues later, but this will make things last longer, but not forever.
    Hello People

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by DataMinmatar View Post
    It seems BB has for now no plans to convert to html5 after also reading BB response on the German forum.

And they started there years back with asking.
    http://forum.diesiedleronline.de/thr...cht-DSO/page35

I just fear we gone lose allot of players while allot are not that good with manual installing plug-ins and changing settings, and for the players that play from there work will almost be sure have no admin rights on there computer to do those things.

I have had friends that stopped playing while you have to press refresh page after giving in your password (long in screen of TSO) else it takes forever to log in. (they thought the game just was broken) this is after 2 years still there this problem, if some already stop cause of that, then changing of giving permission for plug-ins that others don't advice will scare those off.

I hope I'm wrong and that we get allot new players that are willing to install and enable flash to be able to play this game, I'm just very skeptic.
    BB miss one word to think about and to understand "Reliability".

I can add also, UX.

If you look at the game review in steam, what people think, and see alternatives, for real, steam kicking people out of this game
    Hello People

qawpaw
    tnx bb good to know

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    Thanks all for your concerns. Flash isn't going anywhere anytime soon. The news that many of you are referencing is in regards to Flash being active by default on those browsers mentioned. This means that when you reach some Flash-enabled content, it will ask your permission before activating it; this is only a good thing because it gives you a choice. Since you guys play "The Settlers Online", you've made the choice to show that content to play the game.

We don't plan on stopping development with Flash. Remember that if Flash was somehow ever going to go away permanently, we would be the first to take action and inform our community accordingly.

Until that happens, you have nothing to worry about.
    So basically your saying flash is staying, and SO is lag, "the words Until that happens , you have nothing to worry about* ,dont bode well when games becoming virtually unplayable cos of said lag, Lag is here and has been for years, oww wait a minute that means its been happening for years, Fact we all know flash is restrictive, causes lag and is struggling with game, thats why alot are dropping or already dropped it, Yes I worry, i like TSO, but BB dont seam to care for players painful experiences, " don't worry" LOL
    I have seen the option introduced time ago for players to remove borders, men walking on map and to lower grafix, this solution was BB recognising flash was struggling, to wit I say ,this tells me BB dont want to spend any money redeveloping the front end
    Last edited by Salem_Warrior_1; 12.03.17 at 08:06. Reason: spelling

World
    Northisle
    As per, why spend if you don't need to. "We have enough customers, new and old so no real issue with lag". Its the same with most big businesses, got to think about those profit margins first.
    Have fun!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    TSO is already an older game. Big investments usually do not pay off in any significant way so most times the investments will go to a new game, who knows they are working on a completely new and improved TSO 2 already

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I like reading all these comments about "lag" and drop outs and whatever. Having been playing for years now, I must say i haven't really noticed - after the first year or so it dawned that the game is not a fast kill them all game, but a nice placid game that you can dip in and out of.

So what problems do I have? Almost all pauses, drop outs when typing etc. actually have nothing to do with Flash, they are actually due to poor internet connection issues, indeed all the problems I've experienced in TSO, I have experienced on websites that don't use Flash. My son on holiday from SF actually commented on how often the internet dropped out - just for a few milliseconds, but enough to reset the software he was using.

Fibre to the box in our street (just 50m from the house) hasn't actually improved things at all. So perhaps flash is more susceptible to connection losses but it isn't to blame for everything

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by hollanderdanny View Post
    Ignore this topic. These are alternative facts. There are no problems. No problems at all. We'll make The Settlers Online great again!
    ahahaha

World
    Northisle
    I get lag and crashes all the time. My internet is fine everywhere else so this just seems to be a flash problem. To get lag yourself or anyone for that matter just try and remove multiple items for your barracks queue. After 5/6 items the cross is blacked out for a long time. Click the barracks again and suddenly the cross is back. Not only is removing multiple items from your barracks queue or any queue for that matter a pain, the time out lag problems make things worse.

I like TSO tho so I live through the pain but still....
    Have fun!

Reply to Thread