Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: HTML5 version of the game (dropping Flash)

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

HTML5 version of the game (dropping Flash)

More and more browsers are either dropping or limiting flash support.

It is extremely slow, resource intensive and buggy.

Will TSO ever move to a more modern technology like html5 and drop flash, or is it even considered?
    Or has the notion of a transition to html5 been met with technical hurdles that can't be taken yet due to limitations or design choices?

qawpaw
    hopefull

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Dont rule out the possibility of Ubisoft buying flash out and tinkering with it for the game.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Dont rule out the possibility of Ubisoft buying flash out and tinkering with it for the game.
    Before or after Vivendi takeover?

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

HTML5 When? Flash is dead!

Everyone knows flash is fading out for years and in the next months all browsers will stop supporting it. (announced years back!)

With some tricks adding/installing flash our self it might extend a other year but only if you want the really bad buggy with allot of exploits in it software.

It's amazing me for many years, that they still have not convert this game to HTML5 while allot other have ,some even did when they start making this game (that is how long this is going on).

No reason for me to explain how bad flash it's self is, But while they all happy to bann it of there browsers(M$, Firefox, Google(chrome), and I'm very happy with that.

Back to the game makers. I just have to ask. Why Why Why don't we hear anything about this, and please hope you have a suprice for us. while i don't see any reason to keep playing this game after all the browser banns this.

There is no way there will be a decent amount of players left that will be able to install a installer game to keep playing as now, if they are gambling in this to happen then it's RIP TSO.

The Clock is ticking.. tick-tack...

Please do something good.
    Last edited by DataMinmatar; 05.03.17 at 00:17. Reason: spelling

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Ignore this topic. These are alternative facts. There are no problems. No problems at all. We'll make The Settlers Online great again!

qawpaw
    0o

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Asked the same question for 5 years, flash restricts the packets , that's why the games buggy, to wit BB ignore this and blame our hardware and or browsers, an insult to other game developers playing here
    for some reason, i can only assume contractual, BB are linked to adobe, nah held to there outdated software...
    I do however, think BB's way of minimising the packets using graphical loops, half stringed codings as genius, but we all have mega lag , games near to being unplayable and will definitely get worse, the more they add, the more lag, hammer mans back and more often
    so to sum up, i've seen alot of gem pushing from BB of late, i can only assume this it a last effort to get what they can before the demise of flash and setters itself
    Last edited by Salem_Warrior_1; 05.03.17 at 08:42. Reason: spelling

World
    Northisle
    Don't you think there is enough revenue to port the game to a different platform. Lots of work and cost maybe but should only be a one off and then they just support and add stuff as they do now.

I've been reading several reports that said flash would be dead in the next few months after that report but still it rides on so.....
    Have fun!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Here is the nub of the problem for most players. Some have been predicting the demise of Flash for years, it has not happened yet. That's not to say it can't happen. However BB have taken visible steps to protect them selves if it does happen, who knows what else they have going on in the back rooms. Also in this time period company's have come along and said to themselves it's worth investing in bringing out Browsers with the main selling point being that they support flash.

Linking the life of Settlers with the life of Flash is nothing more than idle speculation in the absence of facts.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread