Closed Thread

Thread: Excelsior Tales Event Winners!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland

Excelsior Tales Event Winners!

I am a bit Puzzled by this. Because I was not really impressed by the winner ( sorry)

How was the winners picked ?

Did anyone actually read what was written or did you just pic out random ?

Maybe be more clear about how the winners was chosen?

What happened to the other stories ?

What was the point of this event ?

Maybe you could have picked out top 10, and let the players on forum decide next time ?
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Sandycove
    hey mate, I was as shocked to see I'd won as much as you were. But I entered the competition because it appealed to me and I thought I'd go with the spirit of it, albeit with tongue firmly in cheek

Did you post an entry? If so I'm sorry you didn't win. If you didn't enter the competition, why not?

i think these things are as much about participation than anything else, but look what i got out of it just on that point alone...

I know mine wasn't exactly a legendary tale of beasts and magic, but I tried and I got a reward for it. i just hope in future many more players will see the benefit of participation rather than just look on and let it slip them by..

Again, thanks BB for my reward - deserved or not

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    I am a bit Puzzled by this. Because I was not really impressed by the winner ( sorry)

How was the winners picked ?

Did anyone actually read what was written or did you just pic out random ?

Maybe be more clear about how the winners was chosen?

What happened to the other stories ?

What was the point of this event ?

Maybe you could have picked out top 10, and let the players on forum decide next time ?
    Wow - Sour grapes are never pleasant. If you entered yourself, well very sorry you didn't win. Otherwise why rain on someone else's parade?
    HOTFIX!

World
    Sandycove
    Wow how mean
    I don't believe you were picked to be a judge so your liking or disliking the winning entrants is irrelevant
    - the winners tried hard and got rewarded - another fun competition from BB thank you!
    ... Congrats to all the winners!!!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    hey mate, I was as shocked to see I'd won as much as you were. But I entered the competition because it appealed to me and I thought I'd go with the spirit of it, albeit with tongue firmly in cheek

Did you post an entry? If so I'm sorry you didn't win. If you didn't enter the competition, why not?

i think these things are as much about participation than anything else, but look what i got out of it just on that point alone...

I know mine wasn't exactly a legendary tale of beasts and magic, but I tried and I got a reward for it. i just hope in future many more players will see the benefit of participation rather than just look on and let it slip them by..

Again, thanks BB for my reward - deserved or not
    No I did not write this because I lost. I was not in the contest.
    I did read one of the other contributions though, and it did not even compare. Your contribution (sorry) was very boring and filled up with a language that a captain would never use.
    What I am after is what did they pick after? Was it the lix number maybe? Then I can understand the choice.

I know many players used a lot of time and effort writing stores so I got curious to what is up with this.
    I would not bother to contribute to something like this if it is not a real contest, and for now I am a bit puzzled,( sorry if it offends the winner, this is just my view)
    Last edited by Urd123; 23.10.16 at 10:06.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    It's pretty obvious from your responses that you completely missed what made the winning story a clever and witty one. The judges obviously didn't. You weren't a judge. End of. The fact that you didn't even enter yourself makes this whole thread seem a little pointless and nasty. I think the MODs should lock it before it gets worse.
    Last edited by Jim_B; 23.10.16 at 13:25.
    HOTFIX!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    It's pretty obvious from your responses that you completely missed what made the winning story a clever and witty one. The judges obviously did. You weren't a judge. End of. The fact that you didn't even enter yourself makes this whole thread seem a little pointless and nasty. I think the MODs should lock it before it gets worse.
    Never intended to be nasty -sorry you feel that way. It is hard to express my wonders without looking at the actual winner and that makes it hard I know. But for the ones who did not even get to top 10 it is even harder, if they dont get an explanation.

Nice to hear that someone did like the winner story.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    No I did not write this because I lost. I was not in the contest.
    I did read one of the other contributions though, and it did not even compare. Your contribution (sorry) was very boring and filled up with a language that a captain would never use.
    What I am after is what did they pick after? Was it the lix number maybe? Then I can understand the choice.

I know many players used a lot of time and effort writing stores so I got curious to what is up with this.
    I would not bother to contribute to something like this if it is not a real contest, and for now I am a bit puzzled,( sorry if it offends the winner, this is just my view)
    Maybe next time keep your views to yourself and not spoil anothers work, effort and achievement.

I for one find your post unnecessary.

World
    Sandycove
    The OP's post is just plain nasty and mean.
    I don't wish to hear him continue to insult the players that actually bothered to submit an entry
    Can we have this thread closed now please mods? It seems rather petty and mean spirited, not at all like our wonderful friendly TSO community.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Thread closed

Closed Thread