Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Database Maintenance tomorrow is it 14 hours ?!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Come on mods, this impacts everyone's planning. Answer as soon as you can please.

It shouts out "typo!" but it might not be. It introduces uncertainty and that's not good.

On the ground it means you go offline an hour before my buffs run out and I'll lose 14 hours of strong production.

PS There's always somebody who'll say "Stop complaining, the devs do a tough job". In advance, please stop doing that. LOL. We know, we agree. We just need clarity :-)

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeLido View Post
    Come on mods, this impacts everyone's planning. Answer as soon as you can please.

It shouts out "typo!" but it might not be. It introduces uncertainty and that's not good.

On the ground it means you go offline an hour before my buffs run out and I'll lose 14 hours of strong production.

PS There's always somebody who'll say "Stop complaining, the devs do a tough job". In advance, please stop doing that. LOL. We know, we agree. We just need clarity :-)
    BB confirmed that in global chat in our server yes it is 14 hours.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeLido View Post

MODs only moderate chat. We have no input on when maintenance is held

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes this maintenance is scheduled for a 14 hour duration. There's nothing that can be done, because this maintenance is to do with our database and is naturally time consuming. There's also two other tasks being completed during this window.

Premium and adventures will be extended.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    I would presume that using good old common sense, Daz. But thanks. Please also confirm if you can cure my gout or not. I was going to a doctor otherwise

Thanks for the answer to the others. If it's necessary, c'est la vie. Not sure what I'll do on night shift though. Bereft!

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    Yes this maintenance is scheduled for a 14 hour duration. There's nothing that can be done, because this maintenance is to do with our database and is naturally time consuming. There's also two other tasks being completed during this window.

Premium and adventures will be extended.
    Maybe in the future you could do these kind of things outside of event time? Seems kinda smart thing to do you know..
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    Maybe in the future you could do these kind of things outside of event time? Seems kinda smart thing to do you know..
    it seams to be smart is overrated

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    From Northisle G_1:

[14:56] BB_Saqui2: Dear Settlers - just wanted to let you all know that we're preparing a small compensation gift (details still being worked on) for the extended downtime. Thank you all again for your patience!

Let's hope for nice goodies

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    +1

100 refill would be appropriate?
    BB almost killed my guild, but if you wanna join:

Newfoundland
    Green Thumb Crew [R-RZ]

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...rew-Recriuting

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Wu-L View Post
    100 refill would be appropriate?
    ...and sent before the downtime starts so those of us using rainbows can make sure our patches don't run out without having to stop production and waste buff time.

Reply to Thread