Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Database Maintenance tomorrow is it 14 hours ?!

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by qawpaw View Post
    and we loose a few pumps ,who cares
    The day no-one cares and the day no-one bothers to post their displeasure at losing game time is essentially the day that no-one opens their wallet to support the game. There follows -> End of game.

Basically, whether it makes for pleasant forum reading or no, BB need people to care and people caring means people posting opinions. Good and bad.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Needless to say I am horrified that a commercial company thinks it is ok to remove a paid for service for such an extended period of time and during an event and considers the lack of notice acceptable and the added inconvenience not even worthy of an apology!!!!!!!
    • Yes the inconvenience is infuriating.
    • Yes many people will have very expensive buffs running on very expensive production chains that will expire during this time and would normally have been rebuffed or put to sleep.
    • Yes many people will fail to reach there target goal of achievements or event items due to possibly losing a golem respawn opportunity and at least 1 (if not 2) collectibles respawn.

Even more worrying than all of the above though is:
    1. Why BB think it wise to do such a lengthy unplanned database maintenance activity across all worlds globally without fully testing it first? Note: I am assuming its untested as otherwise they would have designed, developed and tested the database maintenance activity in a non production environment then scaled it out via a copy of the production or TSOTesting databases followed by undertaking significant assurance checks prior to contemplating implementing this. All of this activity should have provided the ability to provide a lot more than 12 hours notice.
    2. What are the other 2 changes being implemented. Shouldnt we have a Change Log entry for changes being made?

World
    Sandycove
    I have to agree that I simply cannot understand the timing of a 14 hour update during an event. Is what is being fixed so crucial that it couldn't have been rolled in when the event was being phased out (which is less than 2 weeks)? I would like to know...
    • Will the event be extended so people have time to complete achievements?
    • Will an extra golem show up to make up for the one that will most likely be seriously delayed?
    • Will you replace my Werewolf howls cast by a premium player that will be of no use since I will have to stop the cemeteries soon?
    • Will you move my premium time so that instead of ending on a well timed Sunday it now ends Monday morning which wastes the 14 hours completely?
    I forgot things...
    • What will happen to my daily login bonus?
    • What will happen to our guild quests?
    Both of the above occur during the maintenance. Why this time frame? Normally the maintenance is done at a time that doesn't impact the daily 00:00 activity.

If this is to just fix the fact the provision houses rearrange a queue that has been reordered, I can't believe anyone thinks it wise to do this during an event which (like events in general) time is crucial.

It will of course mess up 24 hour buff timings, etc. which I take into account if I'm warned far enough ahead of time but it seems these surprise maintenance's can only be announced very close to them happening. You know that people do use 36 hours (or longer) buffs, right?

*groan*
    Last edited by Xibor; 25.10.16 at 20:50. Reason: I forgot things
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'm one of the many players whose pumpkin buffs were placed before any announcement was made and whose buffs end well before the maintenance. I'm quite unhappy with the shoddy planning of this; the short notice is unacceptable.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    1. Could be a major issue re golems as some let their early golems stay up for guild mates to get the 1st water achievement and were reliant on hitting all of the rest each morning. Not sure how that will now fit with the downtime.

2. Had sent all my explorers out, as I have done everyday, so they come back at about 00:30, really hope maintenance starts late or bye bye about 150 pumpkins as will miss a run.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    We ought to get a day of Premium for this to be frank! They used to give it out like sugar to get you hooked, but the more I consider how much this will cost me, the more it requires some real compensation.
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 26.10.16 at 06:03.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeLido View Post
    We ought to get a day of Premium for this to be frank!
    I'd go along with that. It is effectively costing me most of a premium day considering I do like to sleep before I go to work Monday morning and the game should be up at 02:00 therefore my premium will expire in the wee hours of my Monday morning. Costs me the previous evening and most of the day, so extending the premium when I can't play doesn't do a lot for me.
    Last edited by Xibor; 25.10.16 at 22:22.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    What are the other 2 changes being implemented. Shouldnt we have a Change Log entry for changes being made?[/LIST]
    I noticed the explorers Artifact Search has started being affected by Mountain Boots skill since last update, maybe it's an unintended change BB wanted to fix?
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

World
    Sandycove
    Lets hope we get some compensations for the time lost

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Areop-Enap View Post
    I noticed the explorers Artifact Search has started being affected by Mountain Boots skill since last update, maybe it's an unintended change BB wanted to fix?
    Already implemented on test server.

Reply to Thread