Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Database Maintenance tomorrow is it 14 hours ?!

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove

Event Downtime

Another event downtime today. Can we have 1 day extension to make up for it? Not bothered for myself but many will miss out logging in today and lose out on bonus and sending out explorers. Seems this happens every event sadly.

I know we getall these freebies but some players need them (thinking lower levels) and think extension is better than freebies in mail.

World
    Northisle
    No mention of prem, adv time etc being extended either
    Intelligentsia Is recruiting Mail me in game for more info

World
    Northisle
    Where you all reading there a downtime today?

If homepage then reread as it says games unaffected!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    stop moaning and get on with playing

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I was playing and the game froze, as it sometimes does during these events. Hit refresh only to find out I couldn't log in due to the network maintenance. Lost nearly 3 hours of premium time. Maybe an in game notification would've been nice.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Johny10pint View Post
    I was playing and the game froze, as it sometimes does during these events. Hit refresh only to find out I couldn't log in due to the network maintenance. Lost nearly 3 hours of premium time. Maybe an in game notification would've been nice.
    +1

Such ad-hoc service windows in a large server parc are unfortunate and often unavoidable. But simply posting a notice on the front page, and not giving a heads-up info box inside the game, is not good enough. BB can communicate better than what we saw today, that's for sure.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Kept hearing people saying there was a maintenance coming, but I saw nothing about it. Looked on the forums and no posts, no information. Seems it was only on the homepage with very little info on there. For someone who was already on it might have well been no notice whatsoever. Can't be that hard to send an in game mail, post on the forum and give some information to people as to what it was for, then the result.

BB have been historically awful at communication and things are no better. One reason why I said years ago I'd never buy gems again and nothing in the recent past has changed that position. Just such a simple thing, but BB just so, so lazy.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove

Database Maintenance tomorrow is it 14 hours ?!

Dear Settlers,

A database maintenance is scheduled for tomorrow.
    During this time the game will be unavailable.

• Day: Wednesday, October 26th
    • Worlds: All (1-3) closed
    • Start: Approx. 00:00 BST
    • End: Approx. 14:00 BST
    • Adventures & Premium: Times will be extended

This will fix a few issues, including those affecting the Provision House and its production queues.

Happy Settling!
    BB_Saqui
    As I see its start at the midnight and end at the 2 PM so I'm not sure is it really 14 hours? or a mistake?

Its really long, not sad to be honest, if it is a database then I really hope this will mean clean up and re-index things, and things make the game much faster, I really would like to see what the specific changes and fixes will be applied, its 14 hours !

Also, the cemeteries things, my buff will end tomorrow during maintenance and might even got exhausted !

I see this will include game update to fix PH bug, not only DB.

World
    Newfoundland
    Hope event gets extented. we will lose 1 day of playing if you add those 2 maints together - and that's not our fault
    BB almost killed my guild, but if you wanna join:

Newfoundland
    Green Thumb Crew [R-RZ]

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...rew-Recriuting

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyDuke View Post
    stop moaning and get on with playing
    All heart! LOL

yeeehaawwwwww ;-)

Reply to Thread