Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Database Maintenance tomorrow is it 14 hours ?!

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by qawpaw View Post
    lolol its just a game its not real life.lol again
    I'm glad you don't feel affected, but look at it this way....

Let's say your hobby was gardening. You have spent several months/years taking care of the plants and arranging them and pruning them, etc. There is a special show going on where you can showcase your best flowers and perhaps win some awards. You needed to water them before the showing but but the utility company decided to replace all the water pipes and you won't have water for quite some period of time and they didn't warn you. So many of your plants suffer or die, and you have to replace a lot. I don't think you would say "eh - they are just flowers".

I could come up with a lot of analogies. I find this game more like a hobby and I've invested a lot of time making things as good as they could be, and now during events I make maximum use of my stores and troops and design - and time is taken away from me without proper warning or consideration.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    I misread and thought it was just two hours, have to play my other settler games.
    I'll look forward to continuing The Valiant Little Tailor Adventure when able to.
    Happy pumpkin collecting everyone.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'm 100% certain that the "database maintenance" excuse is a catch all style cop out. There's no way that any decent tech needs to take down a server for so long if they know what they're needing to do. I think there's a problem, they don't know what it is and can't tell without taking it offline. This would explain the urgency of it. being unable to wait until the event is over, but also the fact they've picked their quietest time is also telling.

Unfortunately for myself and any other Australian/New Zealand players this is prime playing time. If the downtime ends up as scheduled, it will last my time 9:30 am to 11:30pm. We'll get compensation, sure. But it'll be pathetic. Amazing given it costs BB nothing. Also, the communication will be, as always. woeful. BB have needed a customer service officer for years. People have quit the game or stopped paying money largely because of this sort of treatment and yet it keeps happening.

World
    Northisle
    Is "Settlers Online" the only game that needs updates and maintenance every few days ?

World
    Newfoundland
    1 gem pit each sounds about right

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes like 200 refillers we are more than day behind with all the downtime..Its called planning things.. but for some reason they do not plan.. i rather have the old weekly thing back than updates during events..

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I really hope they include enough refills for 24h for all 9 fields into the small package as well. Why 24h? Because we have Aussies that basically can't play for a whole day (sleep you know). That means they lose 24hours of doi9ng adventures for refills. So would be pretty fair to have that added

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I'm glad you don't feel affected, but look at it this way....

Let's say your hobby was gardening. You have spent several months/years taking care of the plants and arranging them and pruning them, etc. There is a special show going on where you can showcase your best flowers and perhaps win some awards. You needed to water them before the showing but but the utility company decided to replace all the water pipes and you won't have water for quite some period of time and they didn't warn you. So many of your plants suffer or die, and you have to replace a lot. I don't think you would say "eh - they are just flowers".

I could come up with a lot of analogies. I find this game more like a hobby and I've invested a lot of time making things as good as they could be, and now during events I make maximum use of my stores and troops and design - and time is taken away from me without proper warning or consideration.
    You cant compare the two , Flowers you own, they are your property ..... anything in this game is pixels and those pixels are owned by BB.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by dorkan76 View Post
    You cant compare the two , Flowers you own, they are your property ..... anything in this game is pixels and those pixels are owned by BB.
    I think you kinda missed the point that was being made.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    [Change Log] 18/10/2016

CHANGES & IMPROVEMENTS

•Ongoing Provision House or Rarity Provision House productions are now canceled when a buff adventure is canceled or finished.
    So I guess the lesson is: don't tinker with the game mechanics at the start of an event, this was not urgent, leave it for another game update.

Reply to Thread