Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Database Maintenance tomorrow is it 14 hours ?!

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Thanks for giving me a day off!
    00-14 is just the only time that i can play because of work schedule
    Now everything depletes and all buffs and collectables
    will be lost for a whole day and about 300 pumpkins too.
    I really got a surprise when i logged in 5 mins before this

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    oh my god .... 14 hours .... i'll have to do something else .... maybe even leave the house and speak to other people .... how could you do this to me?!?!

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Graaflin View Post
    Thanks for giving me a day off!
    00-14 is just the only time that i can play because of work schedule
    Now everything depletes and all buffs and collectables
    will be lost for a whole day and about 300 pumpkins too.
    I really got a surprise when i logged in 5 mins before this
    I feel your pain. It took away my main play time too for one day.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Hi BB, I know maintenance is needed, and yes, it really does suck that we are losing game time during an event, but I am assuming this is an urgent update, and we must put on our big boy and girl panties and find something else to do (like, um... housework. For goodness sake, why would you do that to me? My dust bunny collection is getting quite impressive, and I am not sure I am ready to evict any of them. The alternative involves dislodging a deceptively innocent looking cat from the laundry pile it has claimed as it's bed, and this will undoubtedly result in loss of blood (mine), if not entire digits (still mine).

I am however just wondering if it is at all possible to get more notice of any routine shut downs? It is entirely possible that someone in this timezone (NZ) logged off on Tuesday evening, with no notice of the pending maintenance, and will now be unable to log back in (thanks to maintenance and real world commitments - you know, like getting a household up and functioning and working) until Thursday evening. Whilst this is a longer maintenance than normal, even the 4-6 hour ones have the same effect for us. There are ways to prepare ones island for these inconveniences, but you need notice in order to do so - probably three or four days given people use buffs of that length. Are we able to be given that much notice?

World
    Sandycove
    I missed any notice at all as i live in AU. The first i knew of it was waking this morning and logging in to a closed game.

So as i type my pumpkin fields are likely running empty, none of my explorers can be sent out, I have elite weapons and mines now running unbuffed, no collectible spawns, no daily login (so no weekly bonus) wasted prem time etc etc.

I do appreciate that things need fixing, and i like the fact that BB are doing something for those effected by game glitches at the moment
    ..... but a minimum of 24 hours notice would have been appreciated so all players regardless of time zone would have been informed.
    Last edited by queen-vicious; 26.10.16 at 01:10.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    Yes this maintenance is scheduled for a 14 hour duration. There's nothing that can be done, because this maintenance is to do with our database and is naturally time consuming. There's also two other tasks being completed during this window.

Premium and adventures will be extended.
    Really could have used some notice in advance of this, logged in at my usual time to find game unavailable and an announcement timed after I finished last sessions whilst I was asleep.
    Not just losing a day's play but by the time I can get in pumpkin fields will have exhausted, those with enough in them will be running unbuffed for at least 24hrs, and explorers will be sitting idle for same time, plus the timing means it's quite likely my login bonus will be reset back to Day 1.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

qawpaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    The day no-one cares and the day no-one bothers to post their displeasure at losing game time is essentially the day that no-one opens their wallet to support the game. There follows -> End of game.

Basically, whether it makes for pleasant forum reading or no, BB need people to care and people caring means people posting opinions. Good and bad.
    lolol its just a game its not real life.lol again

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by qawpaw View Post
    lolol its just a game its not real life.lol again
    I'm definitely playing it in real life (Matrix-type scenarios notwithstanding) and I'm pretty sure they make real money from it, and would like to continue doing so.

*Insert LOLs here at your own discretion*

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Thanks for the advanced notice of a 14 hour downtime during an event. Are you going to extend the event because of the additional downtime ? How about giving us a decent amount of pumpkins that we will be missing out on?

What about the daily log in bonus ? We shouldn't loose that because of this
    Last edited by Wolfy91035; 26.10.16 at 02:30. Reason: Forgot about the log in bonus

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    This maintenance should have been postponed until after the event.

Reply to Thread