Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Excelsior Dev Blog

World
    Sandycove

[Feedback] Excelsior Dev Blog

couldnt see a feedback thread for the latest dev blog, so here goes..

I'd love to see, as someone mentioned before on another thread, Egyptian, Roman and Asian ventures from SIII

Happy to see new skin(s) on the way for the ship

New acheivements, great bring 'em on

Upping the crystal in line with the level of resources, hmm so long as it's not how it was on test (i.e. pay 2 manuscripts) then interesting to see what BB's version of balance is against our own

More than happy to see TSO is experiencing ongoing development and look forward to the next chapter in the not too distant future

Moved
    Last edited by Thejollyone; 02.11.16 at 17:15.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    The excelsior it is a good expansion, I like it, but because of low crystal income ~ every week only one more task to do (lvl60+). One task per week it isn't a rich expansion.
    They say need very balanced crystal drop rate, because of the letters(gem). Ok it is acceptable, but then need something change. Finally here a quest line with good exp but u need to do a very hard decision exp quest or epic raid. If you choose raid, the Excelsior expansion don't help with slow lvl up (exp grinding). I have some idea.

1) Give us more crystals.
    - Weekly quests from lvl26, weeklies would give us good rewards and crystals
    - Guild quests would give us crystals too
    - Event quests would give us crystals too
    - Epic, Fairytale adventures, etc. would give us crystals too. (Balance: once/day or something like that)
    - 'Collect all collectible' would give us crystals too.

2) Gem balance
    - You can say, only you can collect 50 gem/week from letter quest, or something like that, but we can do additional letter quests for exp.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretenza View Post
    Give us more crystals.
    There are threads with some of these suggestions already:

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...n-bonus-anyone
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...s-collectibles
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...33788-Crystals

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Personally, I think the whole Excelsior thingy is nothing but an overrated slot machine.

By using the crystals, it does provide better rewards than the daily log on system, but that's about it, imo.

I've tried one of the ventures (don't remember it's name) and found it too expensive for me to complete, compared to the rewards, so I cancelled it. I was hoping this was going to become a new fresh and exciting way to get experience, but nope - grinding the same old adventures still seems far more viable. At least for us who's not well into the 60s, level wise.

Sorry for the negative post, but I'm extremely disappointed with the Excelsior. As I said, I think it's nothing but an overrated slot machine, but the devs acts like they reinvented the wheel...

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    For years, I have seen feedback on these forums asking for Daily Quests to be revamped in such a way that the rewards scaled up as the player increased in level and now they have revamped the rewards, from both daily log in and Daily Quests, so they do precisely that. Job done... Thank you very much!

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Madorosu View Post
    For years, I have seen feedback on these forums asking for Daily Quests to be revamped in such a way that the rewards scaled up as the player increased in level and now they have revamped the rewards, from both daily log in and Daily Quests, so they do precisely that. Job done... Thank you very much!
    Agreed. I actually do DQs now. It may only seem like a few crystals gained but the rewards from Excelsior makes it worth it.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Areop-Enap View Post
    Agreed. I actually do DQs now. It may only seem like a few crystals gained but the rewards from Excelsior makes it worth it.
    Same here - have been cancelling most of the daily quests for several months now I do them
    Also like the different choices, shall I try for a few more gems and do a letter? or maybe try a venture in the hope of a new building? Nice addition to the game

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Does it mean, here will not even snowy skin for this purple balloon, when island under snow buff?
    Last edited by Kapitalist; 03.11.16 at 04:31.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    I like the idea of giving a different skin to the airship so it looks more in style with the rest of the island. Suggestion to make a different skin for the epic woodyard also?
    Crystals are nice, much better then say 100 wheat as daily login bonus!
    Thanks for the new content BB!

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

No snow under snow buff, thats what i mean.
    Sorry my english.
    Last edited by Kapitalist; 03.11.16 at 23:17.

Reply to Thread