Reply to Thread

Thread: Titanium - is it balanced?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland

Titanium - is it balanced?

Hi folks,

I would be interested in peoples views on whether my observations are correct or not.

This stemmed from the Halloween event with the Golems, I'm lvl 61 and my friend in the guild is lvl 51 and I thought I'd pop across to his island to destroy his Golem for him to help out. I realised he had the Greater Golem still, not the Supreme I am having to deal with, so looking to build some holy water buffs to destroy it I realised my titanium ore stocks are significantly less than the platinum ore the Supreme Golem requires.
    I have 34k titanium ore, and over 750k platinum ore. OK I've done a lot of the Ali adv's hence lots of stock and my extra levels.

I then looked at the production: Titanium ore mines can only be built at lvl 61, so my poor friend, needs and ore that I can mine.

So what do I use the titanium ore for? Well, Crossbows are superseded by Cannons and frankly if I lose XBow then I'm doing something wrong. There are also the Damascene swords that use the Titanium (which is made from the ore)... again, if I'm losing any of those my blocks are going wrong (yes it does happen )

So it seems to me that I can mine titanium, and have no real need for it, yet my lower lvl friend can't mine it and needs it. OK so I can sell it to him and make cash, but I've made more coins than him already from the adv's to get the higher lvls.

Now I don't mind making money, but it seems to me titanium is unobtainable when you need it, and pointless when you can mine it.

What's the views of the rest of you lovely folks?
    Torq

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Agreed, titanium is almost totally unneeded by the time you can mine it. I built one mine and turned it off, probably never to be used again.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeblebunny View Post
    Agreed, titanium is almost totally unneeded by the time you can mine it. I built one mine and turned it off, probably never to be used again.
    By the time will be more needed, I know not much use on the Damascus swords or Cross Bows, but later you will need them for book fittings if you managed to get codex recipe and a lot of star coins, not only this, most alies give mini quests, panda, and coins need titanium, the level 6 fairy castle, need 20K tit bars, maybe need more things to use them I suggest to change store recovery grout usage to titanium, maybe will be more helpful, but at least don't say you will never turn it on, currently i'm on lvl 63 and kinda need it and so necessary for me .

World
    Newfoundland
    Agree with the 1st 2 posts, now that I can mine titanium I don't really need it - yes I am building book fittings & doing the mini quests but easily obtain enough titanium ore from the Tailors I do to more than cover my needs

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    also, the titanium needed to kill the golem costs more than the pumps...

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    The titanium mines are ridiculous.

Not only very expensive to build, but as you guys say, you have no need for them when you can build them.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    The titanium mines are ridiculous.

Not only very expensive to build, but as you guys say, you have no need for them when you can build them.
    Do some high level ventures and/or trade for an industrial titanium mine on TO instead of building one which take up a license. That's what I plan on doing when I get to that point where I can send geos on titanium searches.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Areop-Enap View Post
    Do some high level ventures and/or trade for an industrial titanium mine on TO instead of building one which take up a license. That's what I plan on doing when I get to that point where I can send geos on titanium searches.
    Can you get an industrial titan mine?
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Can you get an industrial titan mine?
    It's a reward from the last tier ventures in the Travel Guide category.

http://osettlers.com/en/buildings/epic-titanium-mine
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    I have an ind Tit Mine which I use occasionally. Certainly I don't require much tit ore and get sufficient from prolonged treasure searches, Ali & FT adv.

Reply to Thread