My Story....

On a stormy Friday night in October the year 1758 my men were going to an island to stop the Northman from invading... but my men never came on that island... why? Well let’s find out in the logbook, not!

log: 11 October,

First mate is grumpy again because those deckswabbers are making a mess... like always...
The cook asked me how long we had to go before we should arrive at the northern island, ration is small
I must admit that the journey took longer than was foreseen and my rum stock is also degreasing to fast...

Then there is the call from the sailor in the crow's nest "Land Ahoy", I assume we are finally on the land of the Northman so I rumble up the troops and getting ready to fight on the beach… we found a nice quite spot on the beach and got on land, directly sending some scouts but nothing to see…
No Northman to spot no animals or plants to see… we only found 1 sweet water pool in a cliff, so at least we had some fresh water before we sail out again..
It is too late to sail today so we prepare for the lonesome night.. Well, that was a bummer…
As soon as it became dark we heard a lot of noises we couldn’t place… they were no animal sounds or other familiar ones… what we did see was some kind of ghost light like wisps without a swamp…
Suddenly my first mate begins to scream and even suddenly he stops… all we heard was some sort of horse clop in the far distance… trying to find my mate but couldn’t find him no more and my men become restless and a bit scared… nothing for them to become scared btw, normally they look for a good fight…
By the time the night became pitch-black we heard singing or we thought it could be singing so I send out my cook to investigate and after my cook I send some other men… but nobody returned…
My men became grumpier and grumpier at me so now I had to look why nobody was returning…
Were they dead?

I crawl in the dark to look behind that big rock what was blocking my view, after what looks like eternity
Made it at the top… I wanted to look over the top but I felt a hand on my shoulder, it was my lost first mate and he was looking very straggly…
Then he asked “what the hell are you doing on the floor, mate” can’t you hold up with the drinks no more?...

Then I realize it is me who is very drunk and dreaming about Halloween

Greetz Lathafiha