Reply to Thread

Thread: Young Wood Cutter

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Young Wood Cutter

Hey All

I was looking for some other players views on the rough percentage drop of adventures from Young Wood Cutter adventure. (Ali Baba 1st, 2nd and 3rd) I have done a LOT of Young Wood Cutter adventures over this event and the Easter event. Most people I have spoken to say YWC drops around 4 to 8 adventures for every 10 YWC completed. this would seem to be right for the 50% ratio drop advertised on the Wiki adventure guild.

However......

I have completed 83 YWC adventures (that I have recorded) and from this 83 completed a adventure has dropped just 3 times. first adventure drop was after 31 completed YWC, then at 57 completed YWC then at 58 completed YWC. nothing has dropped since. I am not sure what percentage this is but its not a 50% drop rate.

is anyone else seeing this kind of rubbish odds or is just me?

Thanks

CM

World
    Sandycove
    I haven't done quite as many YWC as you, just around 20 I think. Didn't keep a record of them all but it was about what I had in star when event started.
    I have had 1 70 refill drop, 2 0 refill drop, all the rest dropped 20 refill.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    thanks but I was asking about adventure drops. not refill drops

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Methane View Post
    Hey All

I was looking for some other players views on the rough percentage drop of adventures from Young Wood Cutter adventure. (Ali Baba 1st, 2nd and 3rd) I have done a LOT of Young Wood Cutter adventures over this event and the Easter event. Most people I have spoken to say YWC drops around 4 to 8 adventures for every 10 YWC completed. this would seem to be right for the 50% ratio drop advertised on the Wiki adventure guild.

However......

I have completed 83 YWC adventures (that I have recorded) and from this 83 completed a adventure has dropped just 3 times. first adventure drop was after 31 completed YWC, then at 57 completed YWC then at 58 completed YWC. nothing has dropped since. I am not sure what percentage this is but its not a 50% drop rate.

is anyone else seeing this kind of rubbish odds or is just me?

Thanks

CM
    Based on the information presented by the wiki there are many factors we don't know about to be able to judge if it's correct or not. Secondly and most importantly is the meaning of the information it's self. What it is saying is that half the players who do YWC will get a follow-on, what it is not saying is that you will get a follow-on half the time. What you also fail to account for is your rate of success when failing to get the desired result. It's possible to have a 300% success rate with this adventure while failing to obtain a follow-on.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    thanks but I was asking about adventure drops. not refill drops
    Ooh, I see. Misunderstood the question earlier due to being half asleep and distracted then. XD

Anyway, to add to above I got 5 third thief, 3 second thief, 2 first thief from my tries if that helps any...
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Dorotheus

I'm a little confused at your reply. I guess I expect the same drop rate of follow on's as all the rest of the players. which would be around 50%

World
    Sandycove
    *covers eyes and desperately hopes to avoid yet another probabilities argument *
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Areop-Enap

that would help a lot if told me how many YWC you completed to get 10 follow-on's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Dorotheus

I'm a little confused at your reply. I guess I expect the same drop rate of follow on's as all the rest of the players. which would be around 50%
    There is no way of knowing where you was on the Bell curve or where you will be on it in the future.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread