Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Buffs being applied, and then returning to the Star Menu

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    i have had this more than once when buffing, slowing down and making sure buff 'takes' has become habit, going back over buffed buildings to ensure they are buffed...sometimes get home to find 'Buffs' still in star menu. However going to some else island or adventure and returning home has star menu reading as it should.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    This happens almost every day. Constant irritation.

Earlier today I used 3 rabbit's foot buffs for a guild mate, all 3 shining nicely so back to home island for me. He then told me that one wasn't done so back I went and yep left hand of 3 gold towers now showed as un-buffed so I did it again. Now I have no idea if the system had taken the original rabbit's foot or not but it is a real pain even if it didn't. I advise guildies with the 'buff a friend 50 times' (stupid number) part of excelsior quests to stay on the island for several minutes after doing the 50th. Even then they often find they are only recorded as having done 45 - 49.
    have had several lower members with this issue as well, 48-49 of 50 and no buffs left...they been making 50 platters so should therefore be done when finished

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Many moons ago this used to be a issue. What we found was that the server was not keeping up with you as you applied buffs so we devised the buff protocol.

1 Apply a buff
    2 Wait until shiny effect was visible
    3 Repeat until all buffs applied

Yes it takes longer to apply the buffs doing it this way but it had a nearly 100% reduction in buffs failing to work.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    This isn't about buffing too fast, Dorothy, this is about buffs starting to work, even confirmed in the log, and then disappearing after a few minutes.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Many moons ago this used to be a issue. What we found was that the server was not keeping up with you as you applied buffs so we devised the buff protocol...
    Didn't work in my previous example. There was a significant pause between the two buffs as my guild mate switched between the two different buffs and asked me to confirm that I wanted a sleeping mine buffed. I saw the Friary 'light up' about a minute before the mine did, as the News log confirms. The server must have received the information that the Friary was buffed, or how else could that information been passed on to my client?

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    If anyone else has similar reports of this issue, we'd definitely like to hear about them!
    You're kidding right?
    This happens all the time, to everybody in my guild. No problem with a self-buff, but whilst it often looks as though an external buff has been applied (you get the message and the 'swirl' begins) a couple of seconds later the buff is gone. Sometimes the screen seems to 'stutter' before this happens,But there is no obvious pattern. What precisely is going on?

Reply to Thread