Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trade bug

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove

Trade bug

Hello
    I'm doing one of the Excelsior chains and this morning I had to sell some things.
    I put the first offer on the free slot, then spent coins to use a second one.
    So I choose the goods to sell - 1500 pinewoods, then I'm trying to put a price - like 2800 water.
    But the amount of water turns to be limited!??
    Hope this will be fixed soon.

World
    Newfoundland
    What you can ask for is limited by your storage capacity. You can only set a trade for an amount that will fit in your storage.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynita View Post
    What you can ask for is limited by your storage capacity. You can only set a trade for an amount that will fit in your storage.
    Untrue.
    Last edited by faivq; 20.11.16 at 09:42.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Well. it was fixed some few hours after I wrote here but today it's back. A very smart "error" indeed - first the player pays the gold or the gems - and only then suddenly find that setting the desired trade offer was made impossible. Please remove this script - or explain in plain text what we have to pay to get rid of it.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by faivq View Post
    Untrue.
    True.

Here are some screenies of my Marketplace tab. As you can see I can ask for very different amounts of the different items, always EXACTLY what would fill my storage capacity.

Buying someone else's offer from the trade office is different - you can buy however much you like, and what doesn't fit in your storage will go to your star.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    These labels only show your maximum storage... What you can offer is what you HAVE available not what you can store - just like in real life btw.
    By the way, the topic is for something completerly different.

World
    Newfoundland
    What you can offer is what you HAVE available not what you can store
    the sliders show what i am able to ASK for - what you call "a price". the maximum amount on the slider is identical to the gap between what i have, and my storage maximum.
    and it's completely on topic, because what you are describing is not a bug.
    EDIT: unless, of course, you had more than 2800 space for water in your storage, THEN it's a bug
    Last edited by Ynita; 20.11.16 at 21:54.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Ynita is correct, the price you can charge when setting up a trade is limited by the space available in your storage at that point in time. If you wish to charge 2800 water, then your water stores needs to be at least 2800 below your maximum storage capacity. Your levels in stores tend to change as time progresses, which fits with the symptom you describe here:

Well. it was fixed some few hours after I wrote here but today it's back.

qawpaw
    +1 true

Had same prob with gold coins could not sell for days before stock capacity where raised.
    very annoying indeed. but that is how game is.
    Last edited by qawpaw; 21.11.16 at 06:28.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    khem-khem.
    I NEVER had this problem before /it started like 2-3 weeks before/.
    So NO, it's NOT "the way the game is".
    There was some extra huge number there as a "limit" - sth like 624000 which is ways much above my storage max - and since exceeding the storage limit is NOT a problem - as we know from buyings - I just want this "smart new feature" removed / rolled back. It's heavily annoying, especially since one of the Excelsior's tasks requires sales.

P.S. It has nothing to do with "the symptoms" because the "limit" was changed to some odd number - sth like "1/1" - and apparently did not work.
    Last edited by faivq; 21.11.16 at 07:59.

Closed Thread