Reply to Thread

Thread: Alienation Possibly Bugged Quest?

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Question Alienation Possibly Bugged Quest?

May have encounted a possible bug in the quest as wouldn't accept the loading "delegate" of the bowmen into a general from my troops menu after several reloads, resets etc etc (I did try to add 18, 25 and 200 bowmen to the general but it did work) finally I noticed it had only registered that I had loaded 7 bowmen and after another game relaod and another reloading of my general several times did it register the quest as completed ( posibly added up the unlods and loading if my general

After I clicked the tick it deleted/removed the number of troops fromt my troop menu (not sure if that was intended as in other quests of its nature they dont get reomoved)

Unfortunalty only have a screen shot of the quest not showing what happened to me but have noticed others asking the same question about htis quest in help so decided to start a bug report to allow others to comment and post screenines

http://prntscr.com/d89lkw

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Delegate quest just need you to click tick and then troops will be removed from stock and sent to BB.

I have the same problem with quest 'Behind your back' - Delegate 18 Militia - clicked tick - tick button disapeared - but quest is still there.

Clearing cache and reload solved problem - tick button was back - and now it worked - quest completed
    Last edited by halv12; 17.11.16 at 05:42.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    nope not the same problem I had but possibly the same sort of problem for the quest over all

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunaran View Post
    the quest as wouldn't accept the loading "delegate" of the bowmen into a general
    I'm not sure exactly what you are saying the bug is here? "Delegate" troops doesn't mean add them to a general, it means PAY them from your troop count into the BB ether.
    You have to have the troops unattached to a general to be able to complete these quests, and the troops are always removed from your count as far as I have seen.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynita View Post
    I'm not sure exactly what you are saying the bug is here? "Delegate" troops doesn't mean add them to a general, it means PAY them from your troop count into the BB ether.
    You have to have the troops unattached to a general to be able to complete these quests, and the troops are always removed from your count as far as I have seen.
    actually thats not what it means and other quest just require you to slide the sider over and click the tick either way its not working as it didnt register me adding 18 or 20 or 25 or 200 bowmen to a general (nor did it register the bowman I had in my menu all ready) and it only worked after I unloaded and reloaded my gen 4 times

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunaran View Post
    actually thats not what it means
    really, it is
    next time you have one of these "delegate troops" quests, you can test it. assign ALL troops of that type to your generals, and see if the quest can be completed. then unassign them all, and check again.
    next time i have a quest like this i'll try to remember to take screenies

it's been noticed before that these quests can sometimes lag - and it takes time between unassigning and the quest registering that the troops are available.

World
    Newfoundland
    Actually I had one of these "delegate troops" DQ's, in my case it was "delegate 18 Militia, which mean actually means "pay from storage". They are taken from your unassigned troops provided you have the amount available, and then they're gone for good and you have to make new ones.

To clarify:

Delegate x amount of specified unit type. = Takes the x amount of unassigned specified unit type from storage.

Assign x amount of specified unit type. = Assign them to a general i.e put them in a general.
    Last edited by LordBosse; 18.11.16 at 09:48.

World
    Newfoundland
    promised screenies - I had Alienation quest today

Militia not assigned to General, quest can be completed.

Militia assigned to General, quest cannot be completed

Quest completed - troop total reduced by 9 militia

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks for the detailed explanation Ynita!

Reply to Thread