Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: we got more land to build on now we need more

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle

we got more land to build on now we need more

Hey i am posting this in game suggestion,hope its the right Place for it,we waited very long to get more room to build on..and i hope the bluebyte team is alredy planning on adding more land to build on in the future,i myself have non more room to build on..so it would be Nice With some more Space now i think)

anyway thats all happy settling all

World
    Sandycove
    Do you mean more beyond the archipelago?
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    Yes, need more land beyond the archipelago.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    to be honest the space that archipelago added is not productive.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    I could also use some more space, i do have plenty af building licences left, and can buy aditional licences, so more space so i can sell a lot more in the trade office.
    And have additional settlers on the islands will also work.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sortrumlegomand View Post
    i do have plenty af building licences left
    Similar, but its more of a problem for me to find something worth building than finding space for that.

If you min-max a little you should be able to fit in infrastructure capable of producing everything you need on the island alone, the only thing you may have problems with is the population (but still it seems that some people overdo it by ie. wasting space on expedition armies).

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    It all depends on how you play the game.
    Some like to have big armies and room for loads of settlers, some like to do lot of trading, others (like me) like to have a well organized island that just make what is used on a daily basis and also an army size to match the use of units.

That being said I don't really see any reason to have more room than we have. Lets say they give us more building space, then after a year or so people will start to complain about not having enough room again. At some point enough must be enough.

Yes we do have loads of free licenses but why do we have that? Because of all the improved buildings that have been added to the game over the last years, this make the usage of license minimal. Also all different pop buildings we can have now that makes it possible to have even bigger armies are license free.
    "How good bad music and bad reasons sound when we march against an enemy"
    Nietzsche

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Faststriker View Post
    Some like to have big armies and room for loads of settlers, some like to do lot of trading, others (like me) like to have a well organized island that just make what is used on a daily basis and also an army size to match the use of units.

That being said I don't really see any reason to have more room than we have. Lets say they give us more building space, then after a year or so people will start to complain about not having enough room again. At some point enough must be enough.

Yes we do have loads of free licenses but why do we have that? Because of all the improved buildings that have been added to the game over the last years, this make the usage of license minimal. Also all different pop buildings we can have now that makes it possible to have even bigger armies are license free.

Hi!
    You have described it perfectly.

You have no reason to need more space, Great, but ...
    Do you think I should play like you?
    Should I have the same island as you?
    Each player is different and each player should have the possibility to condition their islands the more we like.

you will see, I want to decorate my island, Too I want it to be special to me
    but If I want it to be special, I do not have enough space because I have the need to prioritize,
    I want to decorate my island but I also want to do adventures, it is not incompatible, right?

So with my island decorated too I need settlers, housing, building, production,
    I do not have enough space! Therefore I must have my decorations in the star, which in the end I am "Forced" to play as you and without my decorative buildings.
    This is very sad for me.

Thanks for your attention.
    Last edited by Maria_Espa; 22.11.16 at 18:20.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    I fully understand your view.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria_Espa View Post
    I have the need to prioritize
    You are dead on with this part.

But I see it more like this.
    Its like a small child that keeps asking for an ice within a hour after he/she has eaten the last one. Do you just give a child a new ice, no at some point you got to say NO more ice.
    The principal is the same here, we got a bit more space at first with explosives, people used that space and started complaining about not enough space again, and what happens, we get archipelago. So now people have filled that out and start complaining again.

What I'm saying is that IF BB decide to give us more space at some point, then within a year someone else will come out and say the exact same thing again "We NEED more space". So when is there enough space??

Personally I would love more space to use my spare 150 licenses on. But there is definitely other things I would like to see in the game before that.
    Like:
    Skill trees for both island and gens as promised back when science was announced. Dev. diary for science
    A way to send production in barracks/PH from bottom to top
    More usage for the water around our island, specific the huge "lake" at the corner of zone 3
    Give bookbinder a production queue.
    And then there is all the minor bugs that have been tormenting the game for a very long time.
    That's just the first few ones from the top of my head.
    Last edited by Faststriker; 22.11.16 at 19:30. Reason: Link for first science dev. added.
    "How good bad music and bad reasons sound when we march against an enemy"
    Nietzsche

World
    Sandycove
    Considering that this game is based around an economic simulation (yes of course many details of a true economy and infrastructure are missing but overall it is economic in nature) a very simple fact of any economy is how to balance resource/land availability and industry/living space. Every country in the world deals with it - some more than others. So achieving while working efficiently within a defined space is one of the challenges of both the real world and this game. I don't see any advantage in continuing to add more room indefinitely (because I agree it would be asked for over and over) and the players must make their individual choices how to use the limited space available.

That being said I think a few of the bushes that limit building placement are a bit silly - I wouldn't mind seeing a change in that respect.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread