Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PvP quests in Pathfinder - toggle button

World
    Sandycove

PvP quests in Pathfinder - toggle button

Spotted this on the test server...

Just wondering why, after all the time and effort it takes to get to level 70 do the devs presume that PvP is a wanted quest in the very first Pathfinder quest?

The screenshot below shows that this very first pathfinder quest you get, has defaults to the inclusion of PvP quests. The caption states "Note: this will take effect from the next task refresh".

So as it stands, I would have to wait another week to be able to complete my first Pathfinder task. Please either set the default to no PvP or make the choice immediate so a week is not wasted.

Why oh why do BB insist on trying to force this supposed optional add-on on those who have no inclination towards it?

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post

Why oh why do BB insist on trying to force this supposed optional add-on on those who have no inclination towards it?
    +1

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    I am failing to get my head round the logic that leads you to conclude that BB is trying to force Colony Mode upon you, when they are including a button that allows you to choose whether you wish it included in the Pathfinder aspect of the game. To my mind this option means precisely the opposite. Those who enjoy colony mode get to include it, those that have no wish to play that option can turn it off. A polite request to change the default setting to PvP tasks being disabled is all that this situation requires and, given you are talking about test server content, it's probably more appropriate to place that request on the test server forums.
    Last edited by Madorosu; 25.11.16 at 02:32.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Madorosu View Post
    I am failing to get my head round the logic that leads you to conclude that BB is trying to force Colony Mode upon you, when they are including a button that allows you to choose whether you wish it included in the Pathfinder aspect of the game.
    If it was truly optional, then the default would be set to be actioned with immediate effect and would not in any way deflect from non-PvPers , which is exactly what Im asking for... but as mentioned it seems BB insist on us non-partakers being penalised.

It gets tedious when BB automatically include PvP into new content when the truth is probably that there are more players not interested in it than those that play it - I would be interested in seeing an official global BB poll to prove me wrong on this point...

The screenshot was taken from test server as I am not yet quite level 70 - but as Pathfinder has now gone LIVE on the LIVE server, then the place to bring this up is actually on the LIVE forum...
    Last edited by Thejollyone; 25.11.16 at 07:26.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    I welcome PvP into the Pathfinder weekly quests and look forward to it. The fact that there is a disable button is also welcoming albeit it only takes effect from week 2.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    If it was truly optional, then the default would be set to be actioned with immediate effect and would not in any way deflect from non-PvPers , which is exactly what Im asking for... but as mentioned it seems BB insist on us non-partakers being penalised.

It gets tedious when BB automatically include PvP into new content when the truth is probably that there are more players not interested in it than those that play it - I would be interested in seeing an official global BB poll to prove me wrong on this point...

The screenshot was taken from test server as I am not yet quite level 70 - but as Pathfinder has now gone LIVE on the LIVE server, then the place to bring this up is actually on the LIVE forum...
    My bad... I guess I just assumed this new button was being tested.

Quite frankly, I find that many of the conspiracy theories on the forum about Colonies supposedly not being optional to be tedious, as the vast majority of them seem to be based on overreaction. The fact that this is about a facility to make the inclusion of PvP content actually optional in regards to the Pathfinder quests makes this a prime example, in my opinion.

If it truly were NOT optional, then there would be no toggle in the first place and the Marshall Challenge would be a part of the Pathfinder whether you wanted it or not, so I stand by my original assertion that a "polite request to change the default setting to PvP tasks being disabled is all that this situation requires".

Even if that request is not granted, having to wait a week isn't a big deal considering the time scales on which this game is played.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland

I do agree. Pvp in pathfinder would be one more reason for me to stop playing settlers and find myself a new game. I am at level 64 and really need new challenges in the game. ( just not the pvp- if that was what settlers was about I would never have started playing in the first place)

I hate the idea that the pathfinder had to have pvp in it. Fine if it can be optional - then those who like it can do it.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    You can deactivate PvP, so no forcing there.
    I sure do prefer to take a few colonies, rather than doing Sea Snake or Besieged. PvP quests lower the chance of getting the nasty 1001 quests at position 8.

My first week with Pathfinder (back in July), there was no PvP, but it was so bugged that I did not get anything. Sort of same story. ;-)

World
    Newfoundland
    Once I get there I'll disable PvP. Ok, so I'll have to wait a week to get PvP disabled from Pathfinder, I can live with that as it imo isn't forcing us to do PvP since we have that disable option. Besides isn't PvP still buggier than hell or have they fixed that?

World
    Sandycove
    So as it stands, I would have to wait another week to be able to complete my first Pathfinder task. Please either set the default to no PvP or make the choice immediate so a week is not wasted.
    just hit level 70 at the weekend, and sad to say this indeed went live. SO in my 1st week at level 70 I lose out on 5k star coins and other bits purely because the so called "optional" PvP is NOT optional at this particular stage.

Happy to recieve 5k star coins by way of recompense please BB if you feel so inclined...

Reply to Thread