Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Christmas 2016 - Dev Diary

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyria64 View Post
    Nine collectibles each containing two items spawn on your island with every collectible item refresh
    What i think this means is 2 of each collectible item spawn minimum wich would mean 18 collectibles are already set the rest is random.
    and since you had two of one type it fits
    Highly personal theory thou
    I got 2 bells and 2 gingerbread ( 1 collie not found ) that makes max 3 event collies in spawn - may be because of first spawn of event that some are missing - I will find out later today.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    I always enjoy the Xmas event - the fact that I dont have time to grind adventures (as Im spending that precious time with my family during the festive season) allows me to participate passively via sending scouts to gather resource etc is awesome.

Many thanks BB
    Agree. Got enough from scouts+quest to buy santa + recyclers so im off.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    This is the most sad and boring event so far since I started playing 2 years ago.

It is not the amount of event resources (presents) we get or not get.It is not what we get out of it. It is nice to have new stuff, but what it is, is not what is the most important to me.
    It is the fact that we get nothing at all for being active in the game and doing adventures.
    Getting event resources from doing adventures gives us something different to do. In my guild it makes the whole guild get to life and be active. Helping each other by sharing loot spots. That makes the whole game more fun and interesting.
    So this is a sad sad Settlers Christmas and a really sad boring event.

This you can do better BB.
    Sorry but disagree. Nice thing about this event is that BB give items of value to players for minimum effort as a way of saying thank-you for supporting the game all year. Get the guild to share lootspots all year, makes it far better.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree it is nice not having to pound adventures all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Sorry but disagree. Nice thing about this event is that BB give items of value to players for minimum effort as a way of saying thank-you for supporting the game all year. Get the guild to share lootspots all year, makes it far better.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Could you plaease stop this ridicusly unbalanced collectibles spwan?
    http://prnt.sc/dkzy4s

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Not the greatest event this year especially for veterans, Not bothered about the low collectables as this has happened for 3 xmas events in a row and I know we are not meant to find all in the 1st week, lol (impatient anyone).

Its basically the same shop from last year but no new recipe, calendar seems to compensate with some great items this time but please bb, create some more recipe's, 12hr x4 barrack buff maybe??

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Not that is a big isue . But I think it is really bad timing to put chrismas ornaments in claendar on 26 th of december.
    Yesterday I went shopping and the supermarket had a sale on Xmas trees. I dont think they had any customers
    In my family we put out the xmas decorations during December, that is before the 24th of December where we celebrate Xmas in my country, for what ever reason. We have done so for the last 6000 years or so.
    After the 24 -some let them stay at least until new year - but some put them away for next year. Giving away ornaments after the 24th - is a bit like the supermarket sale on Xmas trees. A bit out of date.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MutantKid View Post
    Not the greatest event this year especially for veterans, Not bothered about the low collectables as this has happened for 3 xmas events in a row and I know we are not meant to find all in the 1st week, lol (impatient anyone).

Its basically the same shop from last year but no new recipe, calendar seems to compensate with some great items this time but please bb, create some more recipe's, 12hr x4 barrack buff maybe??
    Could not agree more. Boring for veterans and much too easy and to be honest - one more signal to the newcomers that they are not really welcome.
    Yes we can give our presents away to the new guild members, but honestly- just giving stuff is a bad way to help in a game. Much better to help by giving loot spots than just giving prezzies.

I have what I need and had it for days now - now I can sell rest of presents or give then away to all the newbies who does not have a lot of explorers.

I dont really get the BB way of thinking - make it easy for and put old players on a pedestal - and dont give a damn about the new. Yes many new finds out that this game is not for them ( but maybe some just give up an leave because of the old player favoritism - you will ever know )

( I consider myself to be an old player now - dont like this politics anyway as I prefer to have both new and old players in this game)
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    the 24th of December where we celebrate Xmas in my country, for what ever reason. We have done so for the last 6000 years or so
    BB may be behind, but you are WAY ahead, celebrating Christmas for 4000 years before the event :O

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by tasgog View Post
    Could you plaease stop this ridicusly unbalanced collectibles spwan?
    http://prnt.sc/dkzy4s
    That's nothing: 158 Canes and 16 Bells in stock here ...
    1 Bell sells for up to 30 Canes in Trade Office - or 5-10 presents a pop!

That's ludicrous.

Reply to Thread