Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Information about Generals

World
    Sandycove

Information about Generals

I started this thread because posts were ending up in the Christmas Feedback threads when it seemed to me it is a separate issue.

What I'm asking about is if there is a summary somewhere of all generals, their detailed stats, all skills, etc.? For both newer and older generals I may add.

I would be helpful if terms related to the generals could also be explained. "Attacks weakest target" is probably self-explanatory but a note that it is defined by Hit Points and if there is a match there is a ranking order would be nice, but other terms are either new or changed over time and it would be nice if I could get a clear definition of 'Flanking' for example.

A nice chart / guide for everything you need to know about the generals would be wonderful and save time having to check combat sims or going to the merchant to pull out snippets of information.

If such data is available I'd really appreciate knowing where.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Kryss_Drynn
    All 3 are designed to do more with less, so don't be put off by their lower troop capacities (yay!)

2 of the generals work very similarly to existing generals so existing guides can work with minor troop adjustments. These are Anslem (Major General) & Nusala (MMA). So Anslem is a good all-rounder for content up to and including Arabian Adventures. Nusala, because she is similar to the MMA she will pack a punch and rip her way through vanilla content but struggle when facing Arabian content.

Vargus works a little bit differently, but can handle everything just as well as Anslem, but is quicker defeating his camps. He's basically a really good tank and lets you work more efficiently with ranged dps or first striking units.

So if your fairly casual and enjoy a certain adventure set, you need to decide which of the above will suit you better. They are all actually very good

ChapterIX
    If I was new Id grab myself a Nusala and run about killing bandits! But yeh, she's basically MMA 2.0 and will rock on everything up until Arabian stuff. She's the best suicide bomber out of the 3. Nusala will be very good during our quarterly events as will Vargus

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/military/general/
    only link I could find Xibor

I've been playing the 3 equally on the test svr ........& on ali's & ventures the 2 guys are "pants"....

have recently been re-running Nusala through them again, so far troop loses are the biggest factor, as on avg they're lwr than using the MMA
    looking forward to getting her as it will reduce my losses & painful elite rebuild time.....

everything is a personal choice ....I just choose to win

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Chaos51
    How do you use the gens on ali´s then?
    As suicide bombers or real attack gens?
    Last edited by Faststriker; 02.12.16 at 14:31.
    "How good bad music and bad reasons sound when we march against an enemy"
    Nietzsche

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Faststriker View Post
    Chaos51
    How do you use the gens on ali´s then?
    As suicide bombers or real attack gens?
    Always as attack gens, otherwise testing them would be moot.............

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I started this thread because posts were ending up in the Christmas Feedback threads when it seemed to me it is a separate issue.

What I'm asking about is if there is a summary somewhere of all generals, their detailed stats, all skills, etc.? For both newer and older generals I may add.

I would be helpful if terms related to the generals could also be explained. "Attacks weakest target" is probably self-explanatory but a note that it is defined by Hit Points and if there is a match there is a ranking order would be nice, but other terms are either new or changed over time and it would be nice if I could get a clear definition of 'Flanking' for example.

A nice chart / guide for everything you need to know about the generals would be wonderful and save time having to check combat sims or going to the merchant to pull out snippets of information.

If such data is available I'd really appreciate knowing where.
    There is a long discussion about them on test server forum i dont have link at hand maybe someone does
    from the pages i read on that the other week people were saying basically nurusla was better for normal adventures and a bit better than a MMA using bowmen etc
    they said that vargus was good for ali/ft adventures
    and at that point in time they were undecided about anselm but said he seemed to be a good all rounder but wasnt much info on him last time i got the link off someone in global chat
    my plan was get teh link in next couple weeks and read through the long thread all again see what they taught was better in long run but my gist of what i seen was
    lower levels and them with 0 mma get nursula
    then if do lots ali/ft addys get vargus
    and if do a mix maybe get anselm

im so undecided what to do on 2nd server i play on as i originally thaught i would go for nursula there due to having 0 mma over there but now in 2 minds as im not to far off level 54 there so thinking maybe i should go for vargus as im hammering ft addys to get beans to get res/stalks etc so can claim/kill rest of archipello for the tav gen guides im doing for them. and hope to get mma at easter over there but saying that by easter i should be into ali addy attacking so thats where my problem lies mostly who to go for there

However this account as i do have 5 mma and endless other gens i think i will be going for vargus for the ali addy factor but thats only if i got the gist right from the test server thread that i need to re read before i make my mind up completely for what to get where

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    I think Nusala is best for normal adventures - in some cases better than mma because of giving bowmen splash damage and attack weakest - and having better first attack and attack weakest than MMA.
    Anslem is best in tailors - often his ability to halve attack of most enemies enough to let own units survive and hit enemy ( but not if they have to many hitpoints ) - therefore he is not so good on Ali's where enemies have high hitpoints
    Vargus is strong on Ali's - mainly because he prevents the enemies to use 'attack weakest' and he therefore can use Armoured Marksman and Mounted Marksman on camps with first-attack units.

World
    Newfoundland
    But this isn't what Xibor nor I wanted, we want from BB CLEAR meanings of the gens and their specialities

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBosse View Post
    But this isn't what Xibor nor I wanted, we want from BB CLEAR meanings of the gens and their specialities
    good luck as we all know BB tend to talk in riddles and we have to work it out for ourselves mostly what they mean on some things.

Reply to Thread