Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Restart warning displayed after the event

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I get it now and then - and it has been happening both before and after event, so I doubt that it has anything at all to do with the resent Halloween event.
    It is just like the normal man with hammer thing. Restart and get on with game
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    ....so I doubt that it has anything at all to do with the resent Halloween event.
    LOL - ofc this has absolutely nothing to do with Halloween.

Check the date of my first post and realise you have completely misunderstood what this thread about.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Madorosu View Post
    LOL - ofc this has absolutely nothing to do with Halloween.

Check the date of my first post and realise you have completely misunderstood what this thread about.
    well sorry - but it does say restart after event - it happens more or less once a week - no matter what week.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    well sorry - but it does say restart after event - it happens more or less once a week - no matter what week.
    event - noun - anything that happens, especially something important or unusual

Perhaps if you read the whole thread instead of fixating on one word in the title you would realise that the word "event" is referring to the chat server restart, which I am well aware happens every week. (See post #3) The point is that the warning message is coming after the event that it is supposed to warn us of. Not much of a warning, huh? This happened when the clocks went back around this time last year, when I first started the thread, and is happening again this year. Same issue, so using same thread.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Madorosu View Post
    event - noun - anything that happens, especially something important or unusual

Perhaps if you read the whole thread instead of fixating on one word in the title you would realise that the word "event" is referring to the chat server restart [...]
    Perhaps, given that this is the "European English" instance, one would realise that certain words could be confusing and find a nicer way to clarify them.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    Perhaps, given that this is the "European English" instance, one would realise that certain words could be confusing and find a nicer way to clarify them.
    Pardon me, but I thought I was being nice when I politely pointed out that Urd123 had completely misunderstood what this thread is about. And I realise well enough that this is the "European English" server, which is why I posted the dictionary definition in order to help clear up the confusion. If you read something not 'nice' in the tone of my message, then that was not my intention.

Now, may I suggest we get back to the topic of the warning pop-up appearing some time after the chat reset has happened?

Perhaps others who have noticed this could care to comment to that effect?

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Still not fixed despite the clocks having changed back in October.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove

Different pop-up,
    but still the same problem:

Restart happened ~ 00:30 GMT
    Warning appeared ~ 01:20 GMT

World
    Sandycove
    yup - never seems to be right
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread