Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Restart warning displayed after the event

  1. #1
      Dedicated Scribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hundred Kingdoms
    Posts
    476
    World
    Sandycove

    Restart warning displayed after the event

    This has happened a few times now over recent weeks. The following message is displayed approximately three quarters of an hour after a period of disconnection from the chat server, which is followed by a reconnect where chat history has been completely erased.


    My theory is the warning should actually appear an hour earlier, possibly due to some mix up over daylight saving time adjustment.

  2. #2
    Quartermaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    257
    World
    Northisle
    happens every wednesday morning ( night between tuesday and wednesday - is as close as I can come ). I dont think chat server restarts are announced - just that warning just before it happens. If you are on at that time - just be get used to it

  3. #3
      Dedicated Scribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hundred Kingdoms
    Posts
    476
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by halv12 View Post
    happens every wednesday morning ( night between tuesday and wednesday - is as close as I can come ). I dont think chat server restarts are announced - just that warning just before it happens. If you are on at that time - just be get used to it
    My point is that I don't get the warning message until well after the reset happens, and from looking at the chatter in Global last night I know I am far from alone.

  4. #4
    Community Manager
    Ruler of the Land BB_Saqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,709
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Madorosu View Post
    My point is that I don't get the warning message until well after the reset happens, and from looking at the chatter in Global last night I know I am far from alone.
    We're looking into this, as it does appear to be offset.

  5. #5
      Dedicated Scribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hundred Kingdoms
    Posts
    476
    World
    Sandycove
    Chat goes down at 00:30 GMT:


    Chat server restarts two minutes later:


    Warning message displayed forty minutes after that:

  6. #6
      Dedicated Scribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hundred Kingdoms
    Posts
    476
    World
    Sandycove
    Warning is offset again after change for Daylight Savings Time.

    We got the pop-up before 00:30 BST and the chat reset happened approximately an hour later.
    Last edited by Madorosu; 29.03.17 at 00:52.

  7. #7
    Battle Hardened Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Danmark
    Posts
    361
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Madorosu View Post
    Warning is offset again after change for Daylight Savings Time.

    We got the pop-up before 00:30 BST and the chat reset happened approximately an hour later.
    indeed

  8. #8
      Dedicated Scribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hundred Kingdoms
    Posts
    476
    World
    Sandycove
    Chat went down at 00:30 GMT...

    I'm assuming things are out of sync again and we're going to get a warning popup in about 45mins.

  9. #9
      Dedicated Scribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hundred Kingdoms
    Posts
    476
    World
    Sandycove
    As I suspected... warning pop-up appeared at 01:20 GMT.

  10. #10
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cotswolds in UK
    Posts
    1,124
    World
    Northisle
    Still happening.

Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Ubisoft uses cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our websites. By continuing to use this site you agree to accept these cookies. More info on our privacy.