Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Loot Spots

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by qawpaw View Post
    i never sell or buy a loot spot.not worth it. i give away for free in guild, and playing adv does not ruin any gameplay,
    if ls where gone.i play for xp only, thats what its about.nothing else. i am with bb ,and for my 5 cent loot spot sale should be stopped.
    merry christmas
    I am with BB also and support the game they created and we all play, not your grotesquely vision :P U are with your selfish

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Guys please be a bit more friendly when discussing a topic - it's Christmas after all.

World
    Sandycove
    I've always supported the idea of loot linked to xp, however the lootspot culture has grown up with the game and is a major part for many players, and feel it would be equally wrong to remove it from the game after all this time. It is a matter for personal choice, you do not have to buy or sell your loot spots if you do not like the system. You may feel others are benefitting from the system, but if you choose to play without that benefit it won't effect your own game, as your game is personal to you, as are your choices of how you play.
    There is always the cautionary tale of be careful what you wish for, ( A quick costume change into the ghost of Christmas past ) some of us are all to aware of BB's short comings when it comes to major changes to the game/adventure structure. ( shivers at the thought of another Nerf of November scenario ! )
    Ho Ho Ho May the Christmas spirit fill your hearts and warm to your fellow settlers one and all, Adventurers, Venturers, Expeditioners, traders, loot spotters, Guildies and guildless, chatters and lurkers, Mods and ex Mods, GM's, CM's past and present and Devs...Merry Christmas and to a Happy New Year of Settling
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
    Maybe u should choose another game, u just joined something u do not understand :P )))
    Well made me giggle since the person being slagged off joined 3 years before you.

Many have said since the game first went online that lootspots are badly structured and that the loot ought to be based on what you kill. I have never sold or bought a lootspot as I give them all away in the guild, as do the rest of the guild. That way we don't need to spend coins to get them. Have no need to have millions of coins starred.

Sadly another thread where someone commenting on the original idea gets the player ripped into for making a comment. This is why so few ever comment on threads.
    Last edited by lordloocan; 15.12.16 at 23:47.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    I agree with many of the others here - I have no problem with loot spots and the way they work. For guilds its very good, as we tend to give loot spots to other players who are as active as we are or just need to get through that dreaded "complete two adventures". Yes the rewards often exceed the effort, but its my choice to give it away. If I want to share the XP I can invite at the start. If I want all the XP I can kill all but a single easy camp I leave for those I have invited and the last boss camp for myself - I just then tell those I invite how soon they have to make a single kill.

Its not broken, its just a feature of the game we have adapted to, so I for one would not like anyone to mess with what we currently have.

World
    Newfoundland
    I do not have a problem with how it works as is. It is up to you as the owner of the adventure, you could ask the ls guys to do more for the loot. The first few FT adv i did were done exactly like that with a roughly 50 / 50 split. Nowadays i like to do it all my self, its faster and less issues with lag, people not turning up etc. That is my choice.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    It works fine for me as it is. I dont sell or buy many ls. I swap the big ones - mostly inside my guild, that way we dont have to give back right way, we have had very few problems getting it to work. Small ones I give away in guild. I only sell the big ones if I cant find a swap, because I think the price is often ridiculous compared to the loot. I like that we have option to do as we please.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Cool

I'm a newish player so my opinion won't carry a lot of water, but I'd personally prefer if the total loot was the same for a adventure, and then decided up equally between the players.

Therefore if you were against loot spots, or a lot ne wolf type player you'd get the total (assumlly more) loot, but if you were a team player, or a loot spot martketer you would get an equal share of the total, decided between the number of players.

Advantages would be full loot for those who want to do all the work and get all the reward,
    Equal (division of the total) shares for those who want to sell loot spots or help out fellow guild members

Both sides get what they want.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by qawpaw View Post
    i never sell or buy a loot spot.not worth it. I give away for free in guild, and playing adv does not ruin any gameplay,
    if ls where gone.i play for xp only, thats what its about.nothing else. I am with bb ,and for my 5 cent loot spot sale should be stopped.
    Merry christmas
    lol

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_hilton View Post
    lol
    hny

Reply to Thread