38 bells
    92 canes
    26 gingerbread

World
    Northisle
    38 bells
    92 canes
    26 gingerbread

Very uneven distribution... and its not only about randomness because almost the same ratio/distribution holds for other people too as you can see in TO. More exactly there is more canes than bells and more bells than gingerbread in Northisle world (not only my case)
    Last edited by Kanagomi; 18.12.16 at 18:00.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Think yourself lucky Bart, have managed 2 sets of collects every day and sometimes 3 sets, still on 16/25 bells so not even made first basket yet.

World
    Northisle
    44 bells
    114 canes
    34 gingerbread

If this is not bug than im convinced that this is BB trick forcing us to use gems for achievement every single event there is some problem with collectibles... but do you know what? i could easily buy those gingerbread and bells for achievement (i have or can make enough gc) but its not worth of it and in addition this achievement is boring so no reason. (except to see some full achievement progress bar - you look at it once per year maybe and few achievement presents are not worth of paying 15k gc per 10 gingerbread)...

happy xmas all
    Last edited by Kanagomi; 19.12.16 at 07:32.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynita View Post
    last year:
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...25-Gingerbread
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post293033
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post292860
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post292958

Would be interesting to know whether the people thinking they wouldn't make the achievement a few days into the event last year did or not
    Every year people get frustrated and annoyed at this feature (it's been like this longer than just a year) and every year they wheel it out again in the same way.

Searching for collectables is not enjoyable BB (well, after the first week ever that you play and it adds a bit of depth). Making a random factor a vital part of progress (in the event chain. Held me up for 2 days. Not exactly a lifetime I know, but was it enjoyable?) is just stupid and likely to add to other frustrating factors that lose you customers eventually.

I mean come on! TSO is a very predictable game, that's it's strength; you can organise and plan and forecast (if you want) and you'll get the reward. Adding in dumb random factors (I include stupidly rare adventure loot drops) is a big negative and nobody ever enjoys it.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeLido View Post
    Every year people get frustrated and annoyed at this feature (it's been like this longer than just a year) and every year they wheel it out again in the same way.

Searching for collectables is not enjoyable BB (well, after the first week ever that you play and it adds a bit of depth). Making a random factor a vital part of progress (in the event chain. Held me up for 2 days. Not exactly a lifetime I know, but was it enjoyable?) is just stupid and likely to add to other frustrating factors that lose you customers eventually.

I mean come on! TSO is a very predictable game, that's it's strength; you can organise and plan and forecast (if you want) and you'll get the reward. Adding in dumb random factors (I include stupidly rare adventure loot drops) is a big negative and nobody ever enjoys it.
    Well maybe it is all done on purpose. If we did not have the collies to be mad over - we might have more focus on the fact that there is more or less nothing to do in this event. Or the fact that the xmas adventures(scenarios ) are really really boring and meaningless. Only reason we do them is to get the prezzies. Or the fact that this event does not bring anything you can do active to get prezzies - you just sit and wait for explorers to bring. If you played long enough- you get more than you need by just sending explorers. If you are new you must be very active in trade or use money on gems to get much out of it.

But all of that does not get much attention because we are freaking out over collies
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Well maybe it is all done on purpose. If we did not have the collies to be mad over - we might have more focus on the fact that there is more or less nothing to do in this event.
    Just like last year. And the year before, and...

Or the fact that the xmas adventures(scenarios ) are really really boring and meaningless.
    Only reason we do them is to get the prezzies.
    Just like any adventure really. And just like last year. And the year before, and...
    Or the fact that this event does not bring anything you can do active to get prezzies - you just sit and wait for explorers to bring.
    If you played long enough- you get more than you need by just sending explorers. If you are new you must be very active in trade or use money on gems to get much out of it.

Notice a trend there?

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    13 spawns so far have given:

50 bells
    132 canes
    50 gingerbread

I've never missed a collectible yet during this event.
    Everyone in our guild is experiencing the same uneven distribution.

Either BB's random number generator is broken, or it's unbalanced on purpose as mentioned by Kanagomi.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanagomi View Post

If this is not bug than im convinced that this is BB trick forcing us to use gems for achievement
    unless I'm missing something, achievements cannot be done for gems - but if you mean the main event quest chain, they only ask for a single buff from the spawned collies, which is of course do-able and no need for any gems to be spent...

World
    Northisle
    There are 3 achievements about "baskets of presents" (for 1, 2 and 5 baskets - together you need 125 bells, 125 canes and 125 gingerbread). You can finish them in mayor house either by collectibles or instantly using gems...

48 bells
    126 canes (so now i have enough canes for all achievements)
    36 gingerbread (looks very tight, or maybe not even possible without using gems - depends on "luck")

Reply to Thread