Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Christmas Contest Contributions

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Merry Christmas to all! Here's my tree (actually my parents, I don't have space in my flat for one nor am I ever there for Christmas anyway, but I assemble and decorate it every year single-handedly...almost!...so I think I have a bit of a claim to it ) Btw my user name isn't too clear unless you zoom in so have attached a second, zoomed in photo which is hopefully a bit clearer.
    20161229_020023.jpg Untitled.jpg

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Dear BB Santa,

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for all the presents you've been delivering to me throughout the event. Please keep them coming as the merchant refuses to follow tradition and have a boxing day sale so I'm being forced to pay full price for his event items! Anyway, on to the real purpose of my letter: what would I like for Christmas? The answer to this required very little thought on my part - I'll stick to the classic girl's best friend please. Lots and lots of diamonds, blue ones in this case please (you may also know them as gems in Settler language). There's almost nothing these twinkling cobalt stones can't fix when things go wrong on my island if only I ever had enough of them.

Now, you'll want to know if I've been a good girl this year. I'd say yes but I'm hardly objective so I'll present you with the facts and let you decide. On the plus side, I've given away lots of resources for free to lower level players (and even higher level ones if needed), have applied tons of buffs to friends and guildies, expecting none in return and given away loot spots for free as well as dishing out advice whenever it is needed. I've not forgotten my own settlers either and feel I've been a benevolent queen, providing them all with employment of some sort, even leaving old buildings I no longer really need standing so as not to make any of them redundant.

However, honesty compels me to admit that I may have had a part in a couple of teeny tiny misdemeanors. Namely, I have knowingly and forcefully recruited many of my population into the military, then forced them into invading other islands and committing genocide many times over and have even wittingly sent quite a lot of them to their own deaths on suicide missions. (Oh, and I may have turned a few of your reindeer that seem to have invaded my home island into sausages or grilled steaks. Sorry Rudolph!)

I sincerely hope you can overlook these minor transgressions and send some gems my way, pretty please?? And if you absolutely insist on taking a dim view of my military activities, could you at least be a darling and leave me a few thousand sacks of coal and not just one lump of it? Thanks Santa!

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Dear BB Santa,

Merry Christmas to you! I hope you’ve had a chance to take it easy and enjoy some quality time with your own loved ones – you’ve been so busy looking after all of us settlers and supplying us with presents! This year I've decided to focus less on the commercial aspects of Christmas and more on the symbolic aspects. To this end, I've decided to go back to basics with my wish list and take inspiration from the original Christmas presents – if they were good enough for the baby Jesus, they’re good enough for me! Now, I know some of them may be a bit hard to come by in Settler land so I thought I’d provide you with some ideas for possible substitutions.

Sheep – rather than live sheep some wool or woolen cloth would be most welcome!

Myrrh- instead of anointing oil, I’d be very happy with some machine oil.

Frankincense – this one was a bit more tricky so I took a little artistic licence in coming up with a substitute for this perfumed incense. How about a recycling manufactory for the smoke part, and some elixir buffs to apply it to make it a bit more sweet smelling? Yes?

Gold –gold ore, bars, coins, guild coins, even a gold tower would all be greatly appreciated! No substitution even needed for this one so if you want to forego all the above and just give me lots and lots of gold, in any and all forms, I’d be more than happy!

Thanks very much Santa!

Love,
    Queen-d

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thread is closed to judge the entries - thanks to everyone who contributed!

Closed Thread