Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Evil Queen - Epic meh

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland

The Evil Queen - Epic meh

Ok some of you will heartily disagree with me on this, but this is my observation of this questline.

Why do I find it Epic meh? I will break it down in all the points.

1: You are not guaranteed the tome recipe at the end. I have even heard some say you first need to get all the blueprints before you get it. Which I frankly hope is not true.
    2: The rewards are downright blergh. "But you get grout!" yeah I get that from Ali's as well, and I get way more stuff from those on top of that at a far lower cost in troops.
    3: The exp is ... nothing to write home to about. Why? FT's can at the very least net you bonus exp (40K-120K) not to mention you use normal troops so you can basically rebuild your Ali units while running an FT and vice versa. VS and Ali then? Well ... Ali get bonus exp, and you can finish/do a the threat and/or Compass. None of the Evil queen adventures have that saving grace. You use Elites but it doesn't count as an Ali so you cannot time it together with a The Threat or a Compass.
    4: The Epic Farmyard - sorry but a 6 by 4 building that counts as 3 of it's regular versions ... it's way too large. I honestly cannot justify putting it on my Island. While sure 3 of the regular buildings will use 3 Building licenses, at the very least these can go up to lvl 6, take less space. The only thing that I suppose is useful is that you can change productions at a whim. But tbh at my level with the Improved buildings ... it is downright not worth it in any way.

Now if ANY ONE of these had been different ... at the very least it would have made this quest chain way less of a pain in the rear.
    Now I just downright hate it. It's cumbersome, it's slow, the reward are terrible I have to forego doing an Ali and bonus exp just to slog through FIVE (yes the quest chain is five freaking terrible adventures) in the hopes I get the recipe so I never have to do it again.
    I am all for a challenge really, but this? This isn't interesting tbh.

I am well aware that it will not be changed. (they still haven't changed all the old adventures no one does anymore because they are terrible) But now at least I got it off my chest and I sincerely hope they will not introduce anything this horrible EVER again.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhylian View Post
    1: You are not guaranteed the tome recipe at the end. I have even heard some say you first need to get all the blueprints before you get it. Which I frankly hope is not true.
    No, that is not true. It's just another g-1 rumour.

2: The rewards are downright blergh. "But you get grout!" yeah I get that from Ali's as well, and I get way more stuff from those on top of that at a far lower cost in troops.
    Not true. You might be lucky and get some rare buildings.

3: The exp is ... nothing to write home to about. Why? FT's can at the very least net you bonus exp (40K-120K) not to mention you use normal troops so you can basically rebuild your Ali units while running an FT and vice versa. VS and Ali then? Well ... Ali get bonus exp, and you can finish/do a the threat and/or Compass. None of the Evil queen adventures have that saving grace. You use Elites but it doesn't count as an Ali so you cannot time it together with a The Threat or a Compass.
    There's ATM just a few guides for these ventures, but you do may save a lot of troops if you're not totally lost in needing guides made by others.

4: The Epic Farmyard - sorry but a 6 by 4 building that counts as 3 of it's regular versions ... it's way too large. I honestly cannot justify putting it on my Island. While sure 3 of the regular buildings will use 3 Building licenses, at the very least these can go up to lvl 6, take less space. The only thing that I suppose is useful is that you can change productions at a whim. But tbh at my level with the Improved buildings ... it is downright not worth it in any way.
    Actually, it's 5 by 4 AND all productions are upgradeable to 5 - just go get some more blueprints.

Now if ANY ONE of these had been different ... at the very least it would have made this quest chain way less of a pain in the rear.
    Now I just downright hate it. It's cumbersome, it's slow, the reward are terrible I have to forego doing an Ali and bonus exp just to slog through FIVE (yes the quest chain is five freaking terrible adventures) in the hopes I get the recipe so I never have to do it again.
    I am all for a challenge really, but this? This isn't interesting tbh.

I am well aware that it will not be changed. (they still haven't changed all the old adventures no one does anymore because they are terrible) But now at least I got it off my chest and I sincerely hope they will not introduce anything this horrible EVER again.
    Why would you want the Tome recipe anyway? It's terribly not worth it.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

World
    Northisle
    3 level 50 bakeries seem pretty worth to me...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Get over to test and buy 34 snow white rewards, then see if the farm is worth it.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanfas View Post
    3 level 50 bakeries seem pretty worth to me...
    This guy gets it. The equivalent of 25 lvl 6 bakeries compacted into a 5x4 building is insanely space-efficient and buff efficient, which also saves you 7500 grout.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    yeah ... not sure where you are imagining those 25 lvl6 bakeries in that Epic Farmyard but I sure as heck do not see it ...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Simple math..
    Epic Farmyard Bakery Tier 1 gives 10 bread. Tier 5 gives 50 bread. There are 3 production slots. -> 150 bread = 25 lvl6 bakeries.
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 04.01.17 at 03:06.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

qawpaw
    i played it 8 times so far.
    and really like the building.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    Simple math..
    Epic Farmyard Bakery Tier 1 gives 10 bread. Tier 5 gives 50 bread. There are 3 production slots. -> 150 bread = 25 lvl6 bakeries.
    That was the first thing I thought of maybe it could be used for when it were first announced. The math just confirms my theory.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Why on earth would anyone want 25 lv6 bakeries?
    Not even mentioning the consumption of wheat, flour and water ...

I have 6 lv6 bakeries and I am sitting on roughly 13m bread and 500k baked settlers - frankly don't know what to do with them.

My Village schools already make it somewhat difficult to kill settlers as fast as they come - and ever since Grilled Steak, I'm not making Irma Baskets any more.

I need about 1000 settlers a day for Ali Babas and that means I'm making about 250 extra, ignoring those that come from fairytale loots ...

Then again, seeing that I consume over 64k Water/12h and a single IWM is only 3k water - I have an idea what I could do with a lv50 Well or two ...

Reply to Thread