Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 5th MMA

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Ok lets put it this way. Is giving you that 5th MMA going to allow you to do the same as those of us who have him ? No it's not because we also have all those other limited items which support what we do with that 5th MMA. This means by asking for just him without asking for all the rest pointless because it's not going to give you what you want.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    I've asked this before and I will ask it again: Why should someone that has only been playing for 2 weeks have the same as anyone that has put five years into their game?
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Why only the MMA, your argument also equally applies to Grims, Dracs, Vets, Nasula, Vargus, Amslem, Bhg's, Experienced Explorers, Intrepid Explorer, Lucky Explorers, Conscientous Geologists. Floating Residences, Village schools, Recycling manufactories, Settlers 2 Hq, Spacious Storage, Easter Basket house and Gold Tower.
    This is a very good point. I have obtained all the MMAs possible, but if this suggestion were to happen I, for one, would be asking why am I not allowed to obtain the Experienced Explorers I have missed? Other players have three, so why should I have to settle for only one?

The answer for all 'missed opportunities' like these needs to be the same across the board in order to be fair. Implementing such a change would have such an unpredictable (and likely drastic) impact on the game that I severely doubt that Pandora's Box will ever be opened.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    That event came out as a result of too much leftovers after every event, presents, eggs, pumpkins, footballs..., which was causing dis balance in the game overall.
    So if somebody was not playing for 2,3 or 4 years before "that" event, nothing to talk about it.
    Personally, I was against 5th MMA in the shop at that time.
    I just remember endless discussions about calculations for event goodies

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    I've asked this before and I will ask it again: Why should someone that has only been playing for 2 weeks have the same as anyone that has put five years into their game?
    You didnt get them as a reward for playing five years, you got them because you happened to be there during the event and happened to put some effort into getting event resources. Whos to say the newer player wouldnt commit the same amount of effort if he / she happened to be there ?

And two good reasons why it wouldnt be a bad idea to let some players get the extras :

- they might be willing to pay money for it meaning its good for the game
    - it adds up to long term balance of the game, meaning smaller discrepancies between players that have been here for years and the new ones, meaning more incentive for new players to come (since they're not on lost position from the very start); once again healthy for the game

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    You didnt get them as a reward for playing five years, you got them because you happened to be there during the event and happened to put some effort into getting event resources. Whos to say the newer player wouldnt commit the same amount of effort if he / she happened to be there ?

And two good reasons why it wouldnt be a bad idea to let some players get the extras :

- they might be willing to pay money for it meaning its good for the game
    - it adds up to long term balance of the game, meaning smaller discrepancies between players that have been here for years and the new ones, meaning more incentive for new players to come (since they're not on lost position from the very start); once again healthy for the game
    Problem here is if they put in a mechanic to get them from effort it works as a disincentive towards buying them via gems brought with money.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    I ask the same.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBosse View Post
    I ask the same.
    And I ask why does it matter how long you played?? Why does one earn the right to be here. If you are not aware - this is a game not a job or important voluntary work.

People do this to have fun. Only one who benefits from it is the company making it, and they only does, so if we sometimes spent money on it. For that to happen we actually need those apparently pesty new players. If we dont have new who wants to play, the game will die and and those hard core "old" players will sit back sad and alone.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Newfoundland
    Seen this question before in different formats. Personally I do not care what other people have or do not have. If they want to spend hard earned money and get some more MMA or what ever, good let them spend money.
    Its a business so i assume more money coming in is a good thing. Older players will benefit from getting the gens for free, or for effort rather than money.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    let me get this straight.
    If you joined May 2016 you should be able to get 6 MMA during Easter Event 2017 ?
    Also an x amount of Vets and do this with all buildings and such as well ?

Closed Thread