Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: trade sharks

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove

trade sharks

I think it would be a gr8 idear to block players from seeing and taking trades from office,
    IE if I want to give to lower levels free stuff, i have to ask on trade tab and the sharks see and buy to resell, so cant help lowers cos chumming the waters offering free goods causes a feeding frenzy and alot of lowers miss out on help
    ty

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    You can if you are friends with them or they are in your guild. then you can trade direct. Or just arrange the sale in a whisper - not in trade tab. Even better - let the player you want to help put up the trade, not much chance of anyone buying it then.

I think it would be hard to find out who is a trade shark and who is not. It would require someone to judge that.

It has been suggested before that you should be able yourself to block certain players, that would solve it, but not sure how that suggestion went.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I believe preventing certain players taking your trades has been talked about before when it was pointed out how strange the you can ignore in chat and block in mail yet because of the trade system you still have to interact with those players if they buy your trade.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    Suggested before here.

As Urd123 said, probably best to let the other player set the trade if you want to give things away free. Lots of people will take 10k whatever for a fish - not many will pay a fish for 10k whatever... and if they do, the other player still got their free stuff
    Get them to friend you first, and you will be able to check what level they are too.

Otherwise - it's a free market. And part of that is "buy low, sell high".

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    yes i know how to set up trades and friendship, been playing 4.5 years, what i mean is offering free for all bar the trade sharks who frequent trade, we all know them, taking all our cheap trades and reselling them, we need a trade blocking system as well as other blocking systems in game as now

World
    Northisle
    How would you diferentiate a trade shark from someone that was just browsing trade and saw the trade and bought it because he/she thought it was a good trade?
    A good trade is a good trade no matter who is seeing. Be it the ones you call sharks or a random player that is browsing and see it... by your logic you'll soon enough block everyone from buying from you... Direct trade is a thing for a reason. Besides like others said if you want to help a player that is not your friend tell him to set the trade. This way it will not be seen as a good trade and you don't take the risk of somene buying it on trade instead of the person you want.

Latelly people seem to be making more and more requests for features to please themselfs... worrie about the real problems of the game... because this sure isn't one.
    Last edited by Fanfas; 09.01.17 at 18:25.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanfas View Post
    Besides like others said if you want to help a player that is not your friend tell him to set the trade. This way it will not be seen as a good trade and you don't take the risk of somene buying it
    unless i notice it set up in trade chat. no trade is safe muahahaha
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    +1 For trying find solution for those sharks, but -1 for blocking idea, the problem with blocking will not stop into avoid sharks or scam or whatever, just imagine when a trade seen by guild mate tell you about it, you search and you can;t find it, a lot of drama coming to chat then.

I suggest maybe a way to target certain levels with a trade, this will not completely solve the issue (maybe a jerk will use a double accounts to get around this!), but will solve 95% of this, then even if a low level was a shark his effect will be so low compared to who play just to hunt and re-sell.

To be honest, sometimes even big players find a cheap offers and buy for resell to get benefit, I don't think it is bad idea, but we are talking about who get the free stuff that meant to be for low level and newbies players.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    The biggest problem here is evolution in progress. If a way of blocking the sharks was put in then the smart ones would just introduce trade mules into the game, no multi accounting needed. Which puts us back at square one. We need a more inventive suggestion, one which shuts down the sharks permanently. If it also happened to kill the fat traders in the process double win for me.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVictorious View Post
    +1 For trying find solution for those sharks, but -1 for blocking idea, the problem with blocking will not stop into avoid sharks or scam or whatever, just imagine when a trade seen by guild mate tell you about it, you search and you can;t find it, a lot of drama coming to chat then.

I suggest maybe a way to target certain levels with a trade, this will not completely solve the issue (maybe a jerk will use a double accounts to get around this!), but will solve 95% of this, then even if a low level was a shark his effect will be so low compared to who play just to hunt and re-sell.

To be honest, sometimes even big players find a cheap offers and buy for resell to get benefit, I don't think it is bad idea, but we are talking about who get the free stuff that meant to be for low level and newbies players.
    And that will lead the way for a new kind of trade sharks. Imagine during event when newbies think it is a good trade to buy something for 1 or 2 egss presents .. whatever. A nice option to sell some stuff that newbies think is worth buying -1 for me on that.

Why make changes to something that can work as it is - we have lots of stuff that needs fixing as it is
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Reply to Thread