Reply to Thread

Thread: Block for penultimate camp on VLT - save 400b 21r!

World
    Northisle

Cool Block for penultimate camp on VLT - save 400b 21r!

EDIT: Snowblizz found this before me and I think he has a better gen layout and send order, see
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...076#post323076
    Here's how I block the penultimate camp on VLT and save 400b 21r (compared to corona or polymers guides, you might save the equivalent in lb or whatever).

You will need 4 tavern gens loaded with 1r plus up to 3 gens for the attack on Royal Residence, use whatever you normally use (I'm pretty sure these can be slow gens too if you must).

Gen placement

Here G1-G4 are slow gens, then I used nusala 165b, mg 270b, mg 135r 135k.
    settlerscombatsimulator.com with 100,000 simulations says expected losses here are 44+4r, 435b.

Send all gens after each other as fast as you can (nothing special, normal blocking speed but avoid lag if you can).

G1-G4 1R on c24: 30 royal militia, 80 royal longbows, 40 royal cavalry
    kill waves on Royal Residence.

This is what it looked like for me right before G1 started to fight.
    As you can see there is a lot of margin before nusala enters the intercept zone of camp 24. Note that G3 and G4 walk almost on top of each other.

Notes and thoughts
    I have tested this twice now with success. Please do test and inform us all if you succeed or not, my 2 tests isn't a lot.
    If the block fails and a general gets intercepted my advice is to withdraw the last general first (the one with cannoneers or whatever you use). Worst case then the two first waves will then hit camp 24 which will be very similar to the normal way you kill camp 24. This is a good thing eg. the block has potential to "fail well".

Because you need 4 normal gens make sure you keep them alive and use other gens for suicides in earlier sectors (unless you want to wait of course).
    Each slow gen 1r gives the main wave 20s of walking time. The game does not check for intercept between slow gens as long as they arrive at the block camp before the previous general has finished his fight. I think this might be new(ish)?

Because there is a big gap before the first wave of main attack enters intercept zone of block camp if anything were I to tweak this I might send G1-G3, then first wave of main attack, then G4 then last 2 gens. If you want to test this please let me know the results!

This block was inspired by coronas great new block for camps 12-14 on Treasure of Wisdom so a big thank you there!

For the rest of vlt I use a mix of Polymers guide (in Killste collection) and coronas great unicorn block. With quite a few tweaks of course!

With this I now block every sector on vlt!

Q&A:
    Q1: But I use lots of suicides on RR, now I can't use them any more? My ls buddies also normally send enough mmas to make t00tie jealous he's only played for 1.5 years.
    A1: Correct. Use them on earlier camps. This block saves so many troops and has a very low downside you'd be nuts not to use it. Tell your ls buddies "boo hoo" from me.

--
    t00t t00t
    [see coronas signature for details]
    Last edited by t00tie; 18.02.17 at 12:17.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    The block totally works. I've been doing it dozens of times since I posted my guide for VLT doing 1r blocks on forum.
    You can make the last attack a bit cheaper than this with Nusala and couple longbows, esp if you have an MMA.

Check my guide for how to 1r block all sectors on VLT. Saves another 155+180 R over Coronas numbers.

World
    Northisle
    Nice one Snow, I wish I'd known earlier

Reply to Thread