Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beans

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    No there is also platinum and mahogany. You cant produce them either, and we dont need to. Pretty sure someone maid a calculation error somewhere when they asses the size of loot, because those we are swimming in. To be honest we really dont need the buildings for saltpeter, titanium or granite. So removing them would not be a great loss. Yes it is nice to have lots of granite, but I think the game was more interesting before. Now only thing I am chasing is exp and grout.
    Is this a joke. Asking because I fail to see it as funny. Just because you don't see a need for particular buildings is not a reason for them to be removed from game. How would you like it if a PvP player asked for the removal of all buildings useless to the PvP part of the game.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Is this a joke. Asking because I fail to see it as funny. Just because you don't see a need for particular buildings is not a reason for them to be removed from game. How would you like it if a PvP player asked for the removal of all buildings useless to the PvP part of the game.
    Not me who suggest them to be removed, just answering the one who suggests it that it would not be a big deal. By the way - this tread is not about removing buildings, but about if we need a building that makes beans
    So if I am as good at reading as you seem to be- you just suggested to remove the pvp buildings - wonder what will be left

Back to topic
    I was trying to explain that the "magic" of the magic beans goes of when you no longer need them. Same goes for all other limited resources.
    The magic of the game also goes away when you no longer have a goal. if you are at level 75 and have lots of everything then what is left?

So why make a building that speeds up the process? As long as you need beans the game and the loot from the ft adventures is actually much more interesting and the game more fun.
    Last edited by Urd123; 15.01.17 at 15:02.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    No there is also platinum and mahogany. You cant produce them either, and we dont need to. Pretty sure someone maid a calculation error somewhere when they asses the size of loot, because those we are swimming in. To be honest we really dont need the buildings for saltpeter, titanium or granite. So removing them would not be a great loss. Yes it is nice to have lots of granite, but I think the game was more interesting before. Now only thing I am chasing is exp and grout.
    Actually i wrote a few more wich would include mahogany and platinum Anyway my point is just beacuse you have alot of beans doesnt mean everyone else does. Im not against such a building by the simple fact it would be a personal choice to get them. If they introduce such a building and you think you are "swimming in beans" then dont get it simple as that. I would like such a building since i dont have that much beans and i have a slight craving for magnificent mansions. But everyone have different playstyles and i think more choices just makes the game more interresting.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyria64 View Post
    Actually i wrote a few more wich would include mahogany and platinum Anyway my point is just beacuse you have alot of beans doesnt mean everyone else does. Im not against such a building by the simple fact it would be a personal choice to get them. If they introduce such a building and you think you are "swimming in beans" then dont get it simple as that. I would like such a building since i dont have that much beans and i have a slight craving for magnificent mansions. But everyone have different playstyles and i think more choices just makes the game more interresting.
    No it is not as simple as that. It would mean that you will get to the point where you dont need any beans sooner, and that is not a good thing for the game.
    As long as they are something you need they are "magic" and when you have goals and something you need to get, the game is much more fun.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    well thats more of a game design fault. Since you can get beans so early in the game and utilize them there shouuld be other things to get for higher level players. For example grout. Beans are mid level item and most mid level items can be manufactured when you reach high level.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    well thats more of a game design fault. Since you can get beans so early in the game and utilize them there shouuld be other things to get for higher level players. For example grout. Beans are mid level item and most mid level items can be manufactured when you reach high level.
    I think you will find that along with beans there is also tit ore, exo logs, salt, granite which are needed at those levels and at those levels only available via loot.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes beans are a mid level item, now anyway. When they first where introduced they where a top level item and really hard to get.. But it only took a few month and most level 50 had everything they could get from beans. Its a bit harder these days to get them as loot doesn't drop weapons anymore, and there is more to spend beans and stalks on as we have more room on islands then those Mag. Res. is more desirable for more players.

But it still doesn't make sense to have a building making resources that is used to buy items in merchant. That's type of resource should actually be much rarer than it is today.. Do a few VLT and swap spots and you have a good potion. And then never run castle unbuffed with less than *4.
    "How good bad music and bad reasons sound when we march against an enemy"
    Nietzsche

Reply to Thread