Reply to Thread

Thread: Adventures take out my internet (Flash issue?)

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Adventures take out my internet (Flash issue?)

So I've been having heaps of problems with my internet since I started playing this game. Phone techs have been out three times to repair faults, etc. I even bought a new phone in case that was interfering. (Landline, only internet here is via the phone line. A ISP support tech thought it might be causing some of the problems.)

During the end of the Christmas event, I noticed it was happening after an adventure and since then it has definitely only happened after adventures. Once I get it sorted again, my internet will be fine.... until the next time GQ wants me to do an addy. Yesterday's messed things up so badly I had to phone the ISP's tech support to get it working again. Not good.

I have been clearing the flash cache, which has helped somewhat but not enough.

If the Easter event needs a lot of adventures, it's going to be a nightmare and I may as well abandon now rather than put myself through the frustrations of it.

Any advice or suggestions?

Mac 10.12.1, Chrome Version 55.0.2883.95 (64-bit), Flash 24,0,0,194
    Last edited by RosaLila; 20.01.17 at 15:15.

World
    Sandycove
    Easter is or has in past been a addy based event to get eggs

But does have achievements and quests and if remember rightly explorers find eggs but most for me in past years came from adventure loots and pvp loots or trade so is other ways to get eggs if dont wanna do the adventures to

the flash type be by right click on screen in game and press about adobe flash on the little while box that pops up i had to do it other day and had to ask how to get that info how to do it on computer im not sure how to find out on a phone though

i thought game was unplayable by mobiles

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Thanks lulu. I edited it to add the flash version and to clarify about the phone, which is really just a sign of how far I've gone to try to resolve the internet problems. Landline, because all internet here is via the phone line and some phones can interfere. Don't even own a mobile phone, but that also means when my internet goes down I don't have its (mobile) options to fall back on.

If I can't figure this out and the game is that severely hobbled for me (no adventures), why continue? Just so I can chat with the guild? I like them a lot and being housebound by illness, the contact means a lot, but still.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have started to put my Iphone far away from computer because when I have it close, the chat keeps resetting even more than it does now. Never had that wiht other chats in other games.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by RosaLila View Post
    Thanks lulu. I edited it to add the flash version and to clarify about the phone, which is really just a sign of how far I've gone to try to resolve the internet problems. Landline, because all internet here is via the phone line and some phones can interfere. Don't even own a mobile phone, but that also means when my internet goes down I don't have its (mobile) options to fall back on.

If I can't figure this out and the game is that severely hobbled for me (no adventures), why continue? Just so I can chat with the guild? I like them a lot and being housebound by illness, the contact means a lot, but still.
    I can assure you that "The Settlers Online" or any other Flash based game can in no way affect your internet connection. The fault lies elsewhere: whether it be your hardware, phone line, or ISP. However if you contact our support team with a ticket and detail your issues, they can forward your issues to your ISP to see if they can pinpoint the source of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    I have started to put my Iphone far away from computer because when I have it close, the chat keeps resetting even more than it does now. Never had that wiht other chats in other games.
    Your iPhone's proximity can in no way affect the game - there is simply no way for the device to interface with your PC's Flashplayer passively.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    I can assure you that "The Settlers Online" or any other Flash based game can in no way affect your internet connection. The fault lies elsewhere: whether it be your hardware, phone line, or ISP. However if you contact our support team with a ticket and detail your issues, they can forward your issues to your ISP to see if they can pinpoint the source of the problem.

Your iPhone's proximity can in no way affect the game - there is simply no way for the device to interface with your PC's Flashplayer passively.
    I use wireless network,- amd Iphone also use it,- so maybe that is why. I dont know - I just see that does not reset quite as often when phone is not nearby.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Sorry a software interface may not be the only reason. Though at this point I'm not prepared to rule out the possibility of a virus. It is possible however for there to be a hardware inter-reaction between a Mobile and a PC. If its a problem then both devices should be checked out by a qualified person one of them may be faulty. possibly dangerously so.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove

OK, I may not be a computer expert, like some of my fellow players...but...I've played this game for long enough and heard numerous complaints about `connection issues' to realise that most if not all are down to either flash or game code or BB server issues....NOT on players machines. I gave up looking for issues on my machine long ago when issues with the test server clearly pointed the finger at BB's end. ( When they added bad code, bad things happened )
    I understand flash make updates and this might cause issues not of BB's making, which they try and usually succeed in fixing, but come on, I think its getting very old to be ignoring the responsibility with statements like the above, its bordering on self denial!
    My game is pretty stable, I've not done anything like `cleared cache' for years for this game, but still following events or updates I get minor issues...coincidence....I think not....not after four years!
    I understand that flash is old and this game is probably pushing it beyond what it is really capable of for a good gaming experience. When you think of how other online games, seriously graphic intense can cope easily with a reasonable connection speed on an average machine but that with the same hardware and software that this game is the only one that we are continually being asked to believe its always at our end.
    I seriously hope BB has in place a New TSO in the making using more future proof software that is more client friendly. I know that would mean the end for this game, but hey ho it was good while it lasted and the community would probably re-establish itself if the game was fresh and playable despite all the inevitable complaints about losing this one. ( Mitigated by a reasonable transfer policy )
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Reply to Thread