Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pied Piper flutes - decrease their building time please

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Ok hate to do this but your going to kick your selves when I tell you the secret. Start making the flutes as soon as you start the adventure. You have until your ready to send the last attack to make them. If you have both a level 5 PH and a RPH this will only take you 96 minutes. No 2 hour delay required.
    My rph is always busy so I cant use that. We also do have players who dont have one. In my upgraded p-house it takes exactly 2 hours 40 mins to make the flutes.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Sandycove
    I played this for the first time yesterday. I only had the PH available. I started the flutes then began attacking. With the rat caves still present it was a little hard getting the generals where I wanted them, but I managed and took it all the way to the final camp. By that time the flutes were ready - I took care of that part of the quest - then all the other quests showed completed in turn. Then I took out the last camp.

So while the flute build time is rather long, it does help to do as Dorotheus suggests and start the flutes then do the attacks on the main camps. If premium isn't an issue then you could also just start the flutes before bed or work or whatever then finish later.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I played this for the first time yesterday. I only had the PH available. I started the flutes then began attacking. With the rat caves still present it was a little hard getting the generals where I wanted them, but I managed and took it all the way to the final camp. By that time the flutes were ready - I took care of that part of the quest - then all the other quests showed completed in turn. Then I took out the last camp.

So while the flute build time is rather long, it does help to do as Dorotheus suggests and start the flutes then do the attacks on the main camps. If premium isn't an issue then you could also just start the flutes before bed or work or whatever then finish later.
    yes maybe so, but why do they have to take this long to make? -I can thing of any good reason. If there is not any - why not reduce it to something less annoying ?
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    yes maybe so, but why do they have to take this long to make? -I can thing of any good reason. If there is not any - why not reduce it to something less annoying ?
    Build times vary a lot depending on what you are building. Perhaps it is a bit long. But start them building, do a couple attacks, use a couple flutes, etc. As to why these seem longer than other 'scenario' type items I have no idea but I figure just deal with it.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Sure I start the flutes at the same time as the adventure. And that saves a little time. But I don't block for example. I just kill all camps and I have enough generals to divide them over several places. So if G1 is your landing zone I will usually have another gen working on G2 or G3. Which means the camps go down really fast. And then I still have to wait ages for the flutes to finish. Yes could go do something else in that 1.5 hours. But leaving an adventure run for 1.5 for well no real reason at all grates on my nerves. I don't have to wait for my generals to recover (got enough to do all camps in one run) so all I am doing is waiting for those flutes to finish -_-. They are already expensive to make resource wise so why also so slow to make? I really do not see any use for those ridiculously slow crafting times.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Ok hate to do this but your going to kick your selves when I tell you the secret. Start making the flutes as soon as you start the adventure. You have until your ready to send the last attack to make them. If you have both a level 5 PH and a RPH this will only take you 96 minutes. No 2 hour delay required.
    So you never produce anything in your provision house? Where do you get your buffs then?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    So you never produce anything in your provision house? Where do you get your buffs then?
    That you ask this question indicates you run a make what you need style economy, I use a replace what I use economy. Therefore the issue of PH/RPH not being available for Scenario/Venture does not arise.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    As I said on page one, I start the flute making even before sending gens to the venture and still have to wait at least 1h, and that is when I take it slow, I don't block either btw, I and no one else should have to wait at least 1h to finish a venture because of slow venture buff making, so cut the making times, please

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    or you could, you know, use a buff on R/PH

World
    Newfoundland
    Why waste a buff when you have no intention to make other things in PH?

Reply to Thread