Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Geologist Bar Bug

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Geologist Bar Bug

After the last update the Geologist Bar doesnt move or
    move too slow and often never reports finished.
    See pics of progress of bar.....
    Attached Images

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes good catch, I have the same issue now

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    That's an update issue in Star menu.

Quickest workaround:
    Click the ascending/descending triangle 1-2 times.
    Or use mouse-scroll while hovering over Star menu.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    you say that it gonna stay this way?
    i have other things to do than clicking on the comp all day
    i usually send my geos and just look into comp room if they ready

World
    Sandycove
    When I open the star menu the progress bars are fine - so you are saying that leaving the window open makes them not change? I'm not too surprised about that window not being dynamic. Unfortunately I've never watched it that way before so I can't confirm it started after the last update but if this is your normal way of monitoring then I'll take your word for it.

I rely on the sounds when I'm doing something else but as we all know the geologists sometimes don't 'report in'.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Its definitely only been happening since the last update.

Since BB introduced the pin menu, you have been able to pin the Star Window open and send each geos, scouts, explorers in turn without having to select the Star each time. For me this saves dozens of clicks during morning and evening times when I am in a rush and usually do all my routine maintenance jobs as a first activity after logging in.

This is why its important to know what fixes and patches BB apply during maintenance. They often break things that bear no apparent relation to the fixes / updates that are listed in the change log.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have the same problem. I have the star menu pinned for adventures and send my generals from there. Since the last update it is not only geo guys and explorers but my generals who don't update any more. Hoping this gets fixed soon as it was a feature that I loved. .
    Miramazzie

World
    Sandycove
    mine sometimes don't grey out, but they most certainly do leave on their travels. I just close star and re-pin it and they've gone searching/scouting. A minor inconvenience.

btw I use Chrome and win 10.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah basically the star menu doesn't automatically refreshes itself when you keep it open, this happened ever since the new update before that it worked fine

Scrolling, switching tabs or closing and opening the star menu all forces it to refresh again, but its not a great solution, you can easily lose track if you send out 8 geo's/explorers and look away if only for a second since they don't grey out

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahari View Post
    I have a strange bug i guess it is

i sent all my geos out marble hunting they all got sent yet in my star they all look unsent so clicked on one and has box as if is sent to speed up with gems if i wanted

I noticed same thing so posted it Here originally and was told to do the move up and down arrow it sorted it out for me but is definitely new since the last game update they had

Reply to Thread