Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Are you keeping to pegi 7 bb

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    This shows the fundamental flaw with the PEGI system. It tries to give a guideline for providing a safe environment but fails due to the fact that we are from multiple cultures and demographics each of whom have their own definition of what is safe.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by HFoC View Post
    most pointless thread. evar.
    +1

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Amazed herb isn't starred like grass (just off to mow the grass gets starred), tart (cannot go to make a bacon and egg tart yet can go and make tarts), we all know lots of others I am sure.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    This shows the fundamental flaw with the PEGI system. It tries to give a guideline for providing a safe environment but fails due to the fact that we are from multiple cultures and demographics each of whom have their own definition of what is safe.
    Words can have many meanings depending on the context. So many of the words on the pegi 7 list have perfectly innocent meaning in most contexts.
    Really the list is way too long, - or should not be there at all.
    You have to read each sentence and judge what is offending or what is not,- or it will just be more or less random censorship

Put in top of that you have right - some of us understand some words a little different because we dont have English as first language.

I would have thought the purpose was stop those who deliberately wants to offend others,- but I dont think that works at all.

A year ago I was highly offended by a picture BB brought, and I dont think I got them to accept that this was offending to me and to others too.
    The same picture could be perfectly innocent in any other context. What is offending and what is not is not something you can put into an equation.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Are you keeping to pegi 7? Yes...??

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    This thread has run it's course - it's now closed.

Closed Thread