Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 330 Aunt Irma's baskets?

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove

330 Aunt Irma's baskets?

I just reached the third part of stage 1, and I have to make at least 330 Aunt Irma's gift baskets.

I wonder what BB where thinking here. 330 gift baskets is over 30 hours of production in a level 5 provision house. And it is a useless buff that I have no interest in making at all in the first place.

Thats it for me, not going to waste more time on this crisis. Will probably be even more ridiculous quests down the line, so better not waste any more time on this.

Sorry BB, but this was not good.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    While I agree it's a ridiculous quest, the rewards (gems, starcoins,...) are more than worth it. And there are x2-x3-x4 buffs for the Provision house, and you can sell the buffs if you don't use them.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    it is indeed bizarre to be required to make so many of a really really useless buffs (although our low levels are going to love getting spammed with them), but with a barazek on it, which you should have at that level, it's only 8 hours

World
    Sandycove
    the one i got after that is http://prntscr.com/e37j8t

but the one above thats where the epic wood yard will come in handy and i've put a chant on it to speed that one up a bit i gemmed the 330 making baskets though but only as i have 2 gem pits here its no great loss to me doing it on that one

World
    Newfoundland
    The point of a crisis quest is to sink resources. BB could have just as well just asked us to pay the fish/bread/sausages instead of making buffs out of them.

World
    Sandycove
    Nope, not 330 baskets, but 450 from 66 . Slap a barazek on.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    It is fine by me- but cant see how it uses up my resources when I have to buff myself 160 times. I
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    The Quest lasts 7 days, longer now cause of the hotfixes etc, there is more than enough time to complete them and like someone mentioned the rewards far outweigh the resources used. Spare a thought for anyone who's in the middle/early stages of upgrading prov house.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    The reasoning behind this is quite simple, BB have tailored the quests for the lowest common denominator. Everyone doing the quests has a Provision House, not all have the Rarity Provision House or has the Recipes to make better buffs. Therefore BB are constrained to give us quests to make Baskets. They do however set them in the belief that you have a minimal level of PH for your level. This allows them to increase the difficulty by increasing the numbers of baskets to be made.

Only the shortsighted would call them useless as they can be used for any "Buff a friend" Quest which comes your way.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have to make 450, so you got it easy :P

Just drop a barazek buff on it, and accept that the whole quest chain isn't going to finish in a day. We got a whole week lol.

Reply to Thread