Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Selling lootspots hell...

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Daz View Post
    The updated rule is 15 minutes OR 15 messages.

The 5 minute rule was removed with the implementation of the chat history. This means your message will remain visible to anyone joining the channel if it is within the last 15 messages posted. The new rule was introduced because some people were posting the same advert within 2 or 3 lines of their previous message. On a quiet day this can lead to spam/flooding of the channel because previous messages will remain visible.

If your request has changed within the allotted time, then posting a new request is allowed. For example, if you were selling two or more lootspots and one sells, you can advertise again to sell the remaining lootspot.

If you think about it carefully, this new rule can also be to your advantage on a busy day, especially when the chat is moving in excess of 15 messages per minute.
    BTW BB, is it really make sense to wait 15 messages like this:

I would agree if you say 15 lines not messages!

Full page messages make 15 minutes delays not acceptable at all, limit the characters at least !

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Agreed with TheVictorious. That message is clearly deliberately made as long as possible (seeing as this person has had no problem shortening their messages in the past), even writing out the word "thousand".

Put a length on how long the messages can be in TO, or this is going to be unbearable.
    - Always assume the Wiki is wrong -

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Daz View Post
    The updated rule is 15 minutes OR 15 messages.

The 5 minute rule was removed with the implementation of the chat history. This means your message will remain visible to anyone joining the channel if it is within the last 15 messages posted. The new rule was introduced because some people were posting the same advert within 2 or 3 lines of their previous message. On a quiet day this can lead to spam/flooding of the channel because previous messages will remain visible.

If your request has changed within the allotted time, then posting a new request is allowed. For example, if you were selling two or more lootspots and one sells, you can advertise again to sell the remaining lootspot.

If you think about it carefully, this new rule can also be to your advantage on a busy day, especially when the chat is moving in excess of 15 messages per minute.
    I for one was unaware that the 5 minute rule had been removed and I know you know how on the ball about game changes I am. From what I've seen in trade tab since chat history was introduced a great many other players were also unaware the 5 minute rule had been removed.

The one question I do have is if they felt the need to re-introduce a rule why did they not just bring the 5 minute rule back. If you have a rule the new 15 minute rule will be no more effective than the old 5 minute rule in preventing spamming.

One big problem here is time. We have players on Premium, we have players with Guild Quests, we have players with Daily Quests, we have players trying to do within X time Achievements, we have players on adventures with the Timer running out, we have players for whom real life is raising it's ugly head. The old 5 minute rule allowed us to get things done in game within the time frames, things the new time frame of 15 minutes will prevent.

This new rule will have the biggest impact on the new players making the game less attractive to them. This will impact BB's revenue stream.
    Last edited by Dorotheus; 05.02.17 at 14:58. Reason: fixed typo
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    this is a bad idea.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i dont see the big deal if you come into chat you see the previous messages so no need to keep repeating yourself like we used to because anyone new coming into trade wouldnt see the messages.... if you sell a ls then you can repost so i cant see why all the whining

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Don't really have a problem with the rule now that it has been explained fully.

What I do have a problem with is the way I came to find out about it.

News of this change to the Rules governing player Conduct should have been clearly stated in an Announcement from an official source in, for example, the News and Announcements section, or maybe even The Rules of Conduct section, perhaps even with an accompanying notification on the front page, instead of relying on an ordinary player to have the good sense to post a General Discussion.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    i dont see the big deal if you come into chat you see the previous messages so no need to keep repeating yourself like we used to because anyone new coming into trade wouldnt see the messages.... if you sell a ls then you can repost so i cant see why all the whining
    You clearly don't understand anything, the idea "re-posting" is not allowed at all until you wait 15 minutes OR 15 messages
    So you will wait 3x times more than usual to get ls sold.

And respect yourself, no one whine here, we just disagree with BB with new rule and give our feedback and ideas and explanation!

qawpaw
    about time they did, to many trade spammers.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    How about a ban on those annoying vague ads? ("Selling various stuff on TO" -great, that's what it's for! :@)

Closed Thread