Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New trade rule

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVictorious View Post
    You clearly don't understand anything, the idea "re-posting" is not allowed at all until you wait 15 minutes OR 15 messages
    So you will wait 3x times more than usual to get ls sold.

And respect yourself, no one whine here, we just disagree with BB with new rule and give our feedback and ideas and explanation!
    Mod daz stated earlier in this thread that repost is allowed if the sale changes
    If your request has changed within the allotted time, then posting a new request is allowed. For example, if you were selling two or more lootspots and one sells, you can advertise again to sell the remaining lootspot.
    Also not being able to sell a ls quickly usually means you have to high price so just go down in price and repost (wich as stated is allowed if the post change content) If you are on premium it doesnt really matter for you if you sell or not. And if you want to complete a time achivement then just give the ls away just to make sure (it happens that i give ls for free when i dont want to wait)

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by HFoC View Post
    How about a ban on those annoying vague ads? ("Selling various stuff on TO" -great, that's what it's for! :@)
    It's a lot better than listing 20 items they have for sale and taking up half you screen!
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Wu-L View Post
    "Please only repost your advertisement if it's been at least 15 minutes since your last advertisement OR there has been at least 15 messages in the trade channel since your last advertisement."

for me there was no reason to change it.
    what do you think about?

big -1 for this BB
    Agreed. And it'll give the officious little so-and-sos who LOVE to moan at people in whisper if they post one minute too soon, or add a little levity to their posts, fuel to their quest to suck the life out of the game with petty moans.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    it doesn't matter to me if it's 5 mins or 15 mins .... having a rule is one thing, taking action is another .... will there be an auto-kick or something?

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I was in TO when this 'announcement' was made. Clearly there was no consultation with the players. It was just dropped into TO chat channel by a BB representative - the ensuing critique whilst amusing also had a number of viable points and I have to say that I agreed with most of the comments.

I honestly dont see why it needed to be changed from every 5 minutes. To use the argument presented by MOD_Daz that on quiet times of the day it may look like someones spamming is a ludicrous proposition. Clearly you would see a time stamp for a start. If someone was abusing the 5 mins rule they are often dropped on by a MOD or you, the player, could always just simply change chat channel.

If this unilateral rule change was due to a concern by BB about how sellers were advertising goods/ls's then perhaps BB should spend more time advertising TSO with an attempt to get some new blood into the game. TO wouldnt perhaps be so quiet then!

To coin the expression that if the wheels not broken why try and fix it seems apt here....

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyria64 View Post
    Mod daz stated earlier in this thread that repost is allowed if the sale changes

Also not being able to sell a ls quickly usually means you have to high price so just go down in price and repost (wich as stated is allowed if the post change content) If you are on premium it doesnt really matter for you if you sell or not. And if you want to complete a time achivement then just give the ls away just to make sure (it happens that i give ls for free when i dont want to wait)
    DO you know that sometimes even giveaway a free LS not went well in trade! yesterday I called 3 times for free ls and no one got it, i finished the adv missign 2nd player!

The TO sometimes not work at all, many times I was waiting for 2 days with just "swap" and i'm not asking to give me back ls directly, I rarely selling LS, but when I do, sometimes I sell with max price in range within 5 - 10 minutes, a lot of times even with cheap price get no one buy it! So we are talking about general rule, that fit to all cases!

Add of all, Sandycove trade is already in big mess, prices is down enough, no need to break economy more than this!
    Last edited by TheVictorious; 06.02.17 at 13:59.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyria64 View Post
    If you are on premium it doesnt really matter for you if you sell or not.
    you dont adventure often do you? if you sell on prem you want get rid asap so you can start new
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVictorious View Post
    You clearly don't understand anything, the idea "re-posting" is not allowed at all until you wait 15 minutes OR 15 messages
    So you will wait 3x times more than usual to get ls sold.

And respect yourself, no one whine here, we just disagree with BB with new rule and give our feedback and ideas and explanation!
    you clearly dont understand anything either or neglected to read what mod daz posted about reposting when you sell a ls or your post changes in some way

""If your request has changed within the allotted time, then posting a new request is allowed. For example, if you were selling two or more lootspots and one sells, you can advertise again to sell the remaining lootspot. ""

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    you clearly dont understand anything either or neglected to read what mod daz posted about reposting when you sell a ls or your post changes in some way

""If your request has changed within the allotted time, then posting a new request is allowed. For example, if you were selling two or more lootspots and one sells, you can advertise again to sell the remaining lootspot. ""
    You clearly not understand my point nor you read my previous replies lol

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    you dont adventure often do you? if you sell on prem you want get rid asap so you can start new
    Just meant that if you are so desperate to get rid of it then sell it for cheap or give it away (and yes thevictorious i know that you sometimes cant even give ls away). If you cant then just finish and start a new. it doesnt change your loot just your earnings of ls wich is a bonus, prem or no prem. But we digress from the subject. I will just say i dont mind 15 mins. you just have to use scroll function in window and you could also just search to for fish and sort it.

Closed Thread