Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New trade rule

World
    Sandycove

New trade rule

For those that do not know ...as it was not made part of the notification process, and did not show up as new post when it was amended...naughty smurfs.
    This is the new rule for trade chat others have been complaining/referring to:

Please only repost your advertisement if it's been at least 15 minutes since your last advertisement OR there has been at least 15 messages in the trade channel since your last advertisement.

This does not effect me so I have no comment to add but just thought it needed its own thread.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Ok that's it, from now on the MODs are on a diet, no more cake ever.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    I saw this amended in G1 yesterday, although not ideal, it did have an immediate effect to those who saw it.

I think this should probably be sent to all internal emails so no excuse is made for any infringement bans in the future - just a suggestion to give everyone fair notice?

World
    Newfoundland

Thumbs down New trade chat rule

"Please only repost your advertisement if it's been at least 15 minutes since your last advertisement OR there has been at least 15 messages in the trade channel since your last advertisement."

for me there was no reason to change it.
    what do you think about?

big -1 for this BB
    BB almost killed my guild, but if you wanna join:

Newfoundland
    Green Thumb Crew [R-RZ]

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...rew-Recriuting

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think it is stupid and unnecessary 5 min has work well for 5 years with many more active players than there is now.. so -1

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    It would be nice to get a notification about such things, I only found out because of this thread.

I don't know about Newfoundland and Sandycove, but on Northisle there is no problem with spam. Not many people use trade channel, so you can see trades from 20 minutes agao most of the time. I see no reason for the change of the rules.
    Come join HOWL one of the best guilds in Northisle. Don't be scared, we don't bite (much)!

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    So now it is 15 minutes? since when! why is this! 5 minutes was good enough! so for 3 advertisement need like 30 minutes? this is a joke!!

Big -1 for BB for his, we have now less active players, and swap or sell LS is already painful now it will become almost impossible!! improve your trade system first before you do this!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    The updated rule is 15 minutes OR 15 messages.

The 5 minute rule was removed with the implementation of the chat history. This means your message will remain visible to anyone joining the channel if it is within the last 15 messages posted. The new rule was introduced because some people were posting the same advert within 2 or 3 lines of their previous message. On a quiet day this can lead to spam/flooding of the channel because previous messages will remain visible.

If your request has changed within the allotted time, then posting a new request is allowed. For example, if you were selling two or more lootspots and one sells, you can advertise again to sell the remaining lootspot.

If you think about it carefully, this new rule can also be to your advantage on a busy day, especially when the chat is moving in excess of 15 messages per minute.
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 05.02.17 at 09:28.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    TBH this is a mess, BB have tried to sort out spamming, good, but for those who have limited game time play its killed there game, more so in quiet times, i think the 5 minute ruling was fine...
    there could have been a better way to sort this without killing small players games
    hence today with 1,5 hours prem left i couldn't get a slt ls for the adventure, i posted twice in the new ruling time , but no answer, never mind
    to me i dont care ive so many resources makes no difference

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Daz View Post
    The updated rule is 15 minutes OR 15 messages.

The 5 minute rule was removed with the implementation of the chat history. This means your message will remain visible to anyone joining the channel if it is within the last 15 messages posted. The new rule was introduced because some people were posting the same advert within 2 or 3 lines of their previous message. On a quiet day this can lead to spam/flooding of the channel because previous messages will remain visible.

If your request has changed within the allotted time, then posting a new request is allowed. For example, if you were selling two or more lootspots and one sells, you can advertise again to sell the remaining lootspot.

If you think about it carefully, this new rule can also be to your advantage on a busy day, especially when the chat is moving in excess of 15 messages per minute.
    This is not not really clarified at first, the rule placed and no one got this explanation, but still, it is a mess, I mean, players will warn each others and you can imagine fight with players and the off-trade chat about this in chat, even MODs; I bet they not understand this, specially if there is a new MODs will come, so it will become more mess, if you want better solution, add a special lock for trade chat to avoid the spam, also, if you improve trade system, like a special category for loot spot trade with comment system like, this for SLT ls, this for BK ls etc!

I think there are a lot of suggestion made already about trade idea, please don't tell me this is not game designed for or not standard, since it is fit with how players play, and what players need, then it is priority.

and Thanks for explanation, TBH make sense, but return to new rulem again still not really helpful, players used to see trades about ls to know, is it still available or not, even with current chat history, if you ask players a lot still think like this way, you want to change this I know, but nothing can't be changed with silent change for rule, as example, today this morning I knew about this rule, just because this thread!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Salem_Warrior_1 View Post
    TBH this is a mess, BB have tried to sort out spamming, good, but for those who have limited game time play its killed there game, more so in quiet times, i think the 5 minute ruling was fine...
    there could have been a better way to sort this without killing small players games
    hence today with 1,5 hours prem left i couldn't get a slt ls for the adventure, i posted twice in the new ruling time , but no answer, never mind
    to me i dont care ive so many resources makes no difference
    +1

Closed Thread