Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New trade rule

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    "Please only repost your advertisement if it's been at least 15 minutes since your last advertisement OR there has been at least 15 messages in the trade channel since your last advertisement."

This is from BB post... there is very importand word here - "PLEASE". Beeing familiar with law acts in my job, I don't see any rule here - BB just ASKS politely to do not put your trades too often.

Check the other points in this post - there are "prohibited", "can't", "not allowed", etc words which makes rules, but PLEASE do not make any rule.

I'll ofc not spam trade with my post, but if any over-law-abiding kid gonna put warning like this " pls rememcer the new rule is same posts every 15 minits now on trade" every 10 minutes, I'll report it to BB as a spam.

And remember - common sense is the best rule maker.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SettlerPiter View Post
    "Please only repost your advertisement if it's been at least 15 minutes since your last advertisement OR there has been at least 15 messages in the trade channel since your last advertisement."

This is from BB post... there is very importand word here - "PLEASE". Beeing familiar with law acts in my job, I don't see any rule here - BB just ASKS politely to do not put your trades too often.

Check the other points in this post - there are "prohibited", "can't", "not allowed", etc words which makes rules, but PLEASE do not make any rule.

I'll ofc not spam trade with my post, but if any over-law-abiding kid gonna put warning like this " pls rememcer the new rule is same posts every 15 minits now on trade" every 10 minutes, I'll report it to BB as a spam.

And remember - common sense is the best rule maker.
    you will get warned then banned, you still think it is not a rule, lol

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansa View Post
    I think it is stupid and unnecessary 5 min has work well for 5 years with many more active players than there is now.. so -1
    i can see it now, "thx fella i;ve sent ur inv. u dont mind waiting 15 mins b4 i can swap the other spot do u?" whats the point in a chat channel if we can;t use it properly?

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    i can see it now, "thx fella i;ve sent ur inv. u dont mind waiting 15 mins b4 i can swap the other spot do u?" whats the point in a chat channel if we can;t use it properly?
    If your original offer said two lootspots, and you sell one, then you can post immediately for the `one left' without this rule effecting you.
    Only `repeat' posts/offers are effective by this rule, and remember its fifteen posts OR fifteen minutes which ever is the quicker. It seems many players are `glass half empty' with this part
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I cant think of any good reason to have this rule. And even worse not to inform players of the change. There has not been a problem with spam at all in general. The very few spammers, that have been there, have been braking lots of other rules as they have not been in trade to trade.

Please BB rules are to make things work ok - and they already worked fine.

It feels like someone is trying to turn the game into a Catholic boarding school - So many rules and so little plan with the rules

Why not make rules if there is a problem and let things be if there is no problem. I would think rules should have a purpose.
    Last edited by Urd123; 12.02.17 at 16:48.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    If your original offer said two lootspots, and you sell one, then you can post immediately for the `one left' without this rule effecting you.
    good tip, maybe after this and Urd's comment bb will relent and just let us go back to 5 mins.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVictorious View Post
    you will get warned then banned, you still think it is not a rule, lol
    If I see at BB anouncement "DO NOT repost your adv..." then it will ba a rule.

And btw - i I was a witness of one annoying player sent warning text (i mentioned before) every 10 minutes and no mod take any action for about 2h... (both trade 'spamer' and annoying guy).

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SettlerPiter View Post
    If I see at BB anouncement "DO NOT repost your adv..." then it will ba a rule.

And btw - i I was a witness of one annoying player sent warning text (i mentioned before) every 10 minutes and no mod take any action for about 2h... (both trade 'spamer' and annoying guy).
    Well exactly the point - those who are annoying breaks many other rules. that does not mean we need more rules.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Angry New 15 min per post in trade chat.

Hello, Pls make *an exception* for loot spot offers, back to 5 min.

I feel reason of this rule for basic TO offers, but if someone selling LS, that means he on full attention by waiting offer is gone.
    Its not like *wts watermill* and easily going afk without care. You siting here and waitng.

With this new rule, time to sell LS ups x2 x3.

ps Sorry my english.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    There is another tread about this. But Kapitalist is right. I would say go back to old rules though.
    When trade is busy then 15 lines will be there pretty fast. But during quiet times might happen no one else writes. With loot spot people would think it is long gone after 5 minutes, so waiting 15 before posting again makes no sense.
    Another problem is that BB have no mods to make sure people stick to that rule.
    Last but certainly not least - this rule does not make anyone happy, and it does not make any change for the real spammers.

merged
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 16.02.17 at 08:27.

Closed Thread