Closed Thread

Thread: MOD's

World
    Sandycove

Question MOD's

Hi

Before i start this is no way to cause any offence etc but i'm mostly just curious

Is it only me that seems to noticed the lack of mods the past few weekends ????

don't get me wrong i know yous like us are players and MOD also but i was just wondering are yous all just lurking more at weekends ? or maybe like us you RL can keep you busy

As i didn't think i would ever say this EVER but the lack of MOD presence has been kinda noticeable to me at least and i am sure others must noticed it also

lulu

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    I have two MODs sitting in my Star menu, so they can't be here.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    lol

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    I have noticed the same past weeks.

Two weekends ago 18h without any post from a MOD in public channels, no replies in G-1/Help when asked for by a player.
    We behaved back then and helped newbies to the best of our abilities

Last weekend having to wait 2h before a MOD entered a public channel.
    Yesterday asking for a MOD in G-1 without any luck.

kke

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes, I have same feeling, not only feeling, actually it is the fact for now, since the 4 MODs quit together, BB opened the new MODs application for who want to apply, what I know they was interviewing, and I saw just 1 new MOD.

The trade channels is in the mess, chat sometimes is in the mess too, help channel become less useful, only players answer there and almost no MOD answering like before.

Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    BIG lol

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by kke2100 View Post
    I have noticed the same past weeks.

Two weekends ago 18h without any post from a MOD in public channels, no replies in G-1/Help when asked for by a player.
    We behaved back then and helped newbies to the best of our abilities

Last weekend having to wait 2h before a MOD entered a public channel.
    Yesterday asking for a MOD in G-1 without any luck.

kke

Yeah thats where im noticing it more and tbh i was thinking as they added the new trade chat rules if anything shouldn't there be MODS around to check that is happening
    but like you i know us players can help/advise players in help chat just if people purposely ask for a mod and none is around its like ok what now as we obviously as players not what they are looking for in that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVictorious View Post
    Yes, I have same feeling, not only feeling, actually it is the fact for now, since the 4 MODs quit together, BB opened the new MODs application for who want to apply, what I know they was interviewing, and I saw just 1 new MOD.

The trade channels is in the mess, chat sometimes is in the mess too, help channel become less useful, only players answer there and almost no MOD answering like before.

We have had a group of mods leave all at once in the past to but we haven't ever been so low in numbers of them that's been visible in chat if needed.
    but it was in this account on sandy this weekend i could see the chat being a mess thats why i thought about should i or shouldn't i post this thread and i agree myself this weekend have been helping people in help chat there. trade chat OMG i wont even go there at the moment on sandy as when i do peek in it seems to have some drama or other happening in it, G1 can be interesting also to say the least when there is no MOD presence about as well

However other server i play on its even noticeable there to and there they do have a mod i havent seen on sandy but even their usual chat/banta etc in global chat been missed

I dont know if they got more MODS i think i know who you mean who's just been in sandy before the game went down for hotfix but i have seen them on the other server i play on, it seems to me if DAZ and Zazz and Samorn and the one on other server isn't online or visible in chat it is like there is no MODS online at all.
    even when players ask for some there's none about to reply to them so im guessing those 4 MODS the most active i know there is a another one but they different time zone to me so i rarely see them but guess they cover the night time when i'm sleeping

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks for your feedback and concerns! Our MODs volunteer their time to help moderate the in-game chat and forums; there are going to be times where real-life events get in the way and their presence is diminished. This is bound to happen every now and then and it isn't necessarily something that can be avoided - after all our MODs spare their free time to do this. Weekends are the likely casualties of most real-life conflictions due to it being naturally everyone's day's off.

The biggest thing we're trying to do to alleviate this is to bring on more active moderators for both in-game chat and the forums. We've had some applicants already: some didn't quite meet our expectations, while others are in the process of the formal interview. What I want to stress is while we are in need of some new faces, we will not comprise on our standards.

If anyone here either is interested themselves or knows someone who could make a great addition to the MOD team, please may I direct you to our recruitment thread. I look forward to hearing from new prospective recruits soon!

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    Thanks for your feedback and concerns! Our MODs volunteer their time to help moderate the in-game chat and forums; there are going to be times where real-life events get in the way and their presence is diminished. This is bound to happen every now and then and it isn't necessarily something that can be avoided - after all our MODs spare their free time to do this. Weekends are the likely casualties of most real-life conflictions due to it being naturally everyone's day's off.

The biggest thing we're trying to do to alleviate this is to bring on more active moderators for both in-game chat and the forums. We've had some applicants already: some didn't quite meet our expectations, while others are in the process of the formal interview. What I want to stress is while we are in need of some new faces, we will not comprise on our standards.

If anyone here either is interested themselves or knows someone who could make a great addition to the MOD team, please may I direct you to our recruitment thread. I look forward to hearing from new prospective recruits soon!
    ahh ok
    I totally understand they volunteer etc but fair play you sticking with the standards of the MODS you have at the moment

hopefully you find some lucky candidates to become new MODS that meet the grade and if your one of the ones in the interview process good luck
    as well all know we cant know who MODS are in the game but good luck to those and future people who can take on the roll

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    I really want to push this thread up, the chat channels become a stupidly spam channels, I reported a player like 6 or 7 times because he spam the trade a lot, and sometimes spam all channels, there is no MOD or whatever here !!!

Close the chat at all or just come with MODS pls !! this is unbelievable !

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVictorious View Post
    I really want to push this thread up, the chat channels become a stupidly spam channels, I reported a player like 6 or 7 times because he spam the trade a lot, and sometimes spam all channels, there is no MOD or whatever here !!!

Close the chat at all or just come with MODS pls !! this is unbelievable !
    As I said in my earlier reply - MODs are volunteers; we do not pay them to moderate the chat and forums. There are going to be times when they have real-life obligations that will prevent them from being online e.g. family, work, sleep. We are in the process of recruiting new moderators, but this takes time due to having to go through an interview process (as well as people having to apply in the first place *wink wink, nudge nudge*) !

I'm now closing this thread as I feel as it's run its course. If you have further concerns, please contact me privately via a PM on the forums or an in-game whisper.

Closed Thread