Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Adventure of the week

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove

Adventure of the week

After seeing others feedback asking for more adventures to be made appealing, it seems that the best way to do this is to increase rewards for a certain adventure that people don't normally consider because the devs have left them unbalanced for so long.

High losses and poor loot is the main reason the majority of adventures are not being played, so why not rebalance a few by removing some bandits and camps or allow alternative paths or starting positions, or increase the loot and add a possible rare item?

World
    Sandycove
    ooo when I saw the title I thought what a great idea, I think that if you mean tweaking an adventure for one week with say double loot or something special added to a quest to do that adventure which temporarily re-balances it more in line with the players base expectations, I think you could be on to something. We all heard the excuse that BB gave about nerfing the adventures with regarding weapons, but I think we were not so convinced by what they replaced them with and felt, still do that these are not worth doing anymore.
    This could well be a way for the devs to `test' a new balance for those addies, without `breaking' the game as they put it, as if they got it wrong either way ( To much or not enough), it would only last 1 week. It would certainly make a few `event only' participants log in more frequently to see what's on offer me thinks.
    Great idea, big +1 from me Peajay
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    +1 Best idea on forum for a very long time.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Nice idea as long as they don't increase horses or Plat ore in loot.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    An advanced adventure which promises NOT to give platinum ore would be an attraction!

World
    Sandycove
    +1 though can you imagine the shark-fest in trade for buying the relavant addy?

Bring it on Mwahahahaah

World
    Sandycove
    +1
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    High losses and poor loot is the main reason the majority of adventures are not being played, so why not rebalance a few by removing some bandits and camps or allow alternative paths or starting positions, or increase the loot and add a possible rare item?
    Highly unlikely they have resources they could dedicate to redesigning adventures week after week. Especially if it includes messing up with the map (or any other changes that are non-trivial).

Doubling the loot does not solve anything especially if we're talking about plat ore and mahogany.

A side effect that is probably unintended is that it would most likely have to apply to all adventures, meaning that it would, most likely, end up not with players playing bad adventures more often, but clever ones reorganizning what they play for max benefits (ie. Ill play woodcutters for the next few weeks and keep my Third Thieves until the Week of Quadruple Pandas).

World
    Sandycove
    I think were not talking about the adventures that came about after the November nerf, as they were `balanced ' to the current thinking. If I'm not mistaken the idea mainly is for the less appealing adventures which after the nerf were so far out of balance players would only do them if they `had ' to, and even then needed a sudden surge of madness and lack of resourceful management to come over them That is not to say it could not be broadened to FT's and Ali's, just that there is more scope with the old addies and co-ops that were worst effected by the nerf.
    I agree that changing elements within the adventure itself would require a great deal of input from the development team, that's not to say it can't happen, but that is why I suggested using the quest system which would add something extra to the loot. This could easily be double xp, a chance of a panda, or an addition to the resources currently offered or special building. You could even use the `mystery box' system either to give those much reduced `follow-on' adventures or buildings, there is plenty of scope for a very simple tweak, with much of the code already in existence.
    The excuse given for not re-balancing was seen by many players as the current devs dwelling on mistakes of the past, or not really knowing the effects of `small' changes having quite a large impact having seen some of those mistakes and getting a lot of flack from the player base. I think Peajays idea gives them the opportunity to `learn' how best to make those changes, not only to put right those mistakes of the past, but to help make better decisions for future content.
    ( Besides a chance of them getting it slightly wrong for a week, and the players benefiting from a good drop rate of Frozen Manors from a co-op, would liven things up no end...15 lines in trade chat would take less than five minutes )
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Reply to Thread