Reply to Thread

Thread: Red Riding Hood Venture S3 blocking bug

World
    Sandycove

Red Riding Hood Venture S3 blocking bug

Hi,
    just lost 104 Mounted Marksmans and 96 Mounted Swordsmans due error in the game and following Venture, Red Riding Hood.
    I had similar or same experience in The Valiant little Tailor S1 camp 5 blocking, where after I reported the bug, since then I didnt lost my troops ever again and I use same block even now. So, I think BB solve the problem in the VLT and I think should be solved here to, as losses here are massive compared to those in VLT.

Problem is I have BIG CATAPULT and SMALL CATAPULT ready and steady. Before I sent those attacks 9-1, 9-2 and 9-3 and do all battle simulations and I have checked can those camps be killed with Small or Big Catapult. BOTH blocking camp can be killed with Small Catapult - kill buff. After I sent the attack, my 9-1 Tavern General lost the battle without any warnings, he came out of camp wounded even 9-2 and 9-3 continuing to fight to the end. This camp MUST have "warning" as we have in all attacking camps, its SLIDER with 10 dots/seconds ( first goes green, yellow, orange then final red warning) which represents how much time left to the end of the battle. So, if I saw this, I would use buff kill (Small Capatuplt) which would save me my units !!!

What is come after, after I kill main leader and WON the Sector 3, I click "back" button (to the home Island) because I thought maybe some mistake, but instead, I got the message : " Server need to restrat, you will be out of game due maintrance purposes, select yes" = yes, and I was out of game.

S3 can be blocked with Tavern General, its risky block, but can be done! I lost attack 9-1 from the picture down :

This how the Warning slider looks like ( I didnt get this, my General simply lost the battle) :

Last edited by Fafarona; 07.02.17 at 19:01.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafarona View Post
    That bar is shown when all the bandits in the camp is defeated and the camp itself is being destroyed.

Also you can't use catapult on a camp that is being attacked by a general.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    That warning slider is not a warning. By the time it appears all enemy troops are dead. What it is, is a countdown timer for your troops to destroy the enemy camp buildings. There is never that slider if your troops lose, you only see it if they won.

Also the camp references are totally meaningless as they are specific to the guide your using.
    Last edited by Dorotheus; 07.02.17 at 20:08.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Indeed no bug here.
    Read more about Round blocks.. Blocking time per round!? Tage explains..
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

World
    Sandycove
    It is a bug, can and should be fixed.

First of all, you can not use ROA or Assassin on the camp which is under attack. Those buffs you can use only before you attack the camp and if you want to reduce power of the camp, its whats for they intended to use. Big and Small Catapult you use if you have "risky" block and thats why they are so expensive in the terms of the Star Coins values. As example, my friend started VLT, and Camp 5 where I lost without the slider b4, was 94%, 120 seconds, 105 ES+40S+60 Cav, he used Small catapult :
    prnt.sc/e5sodx - you see white colored camp, which means you can use Small Catapult, and just for your eyes its killed by Small Catapult :
    prnt.sc/e5som2 - killed.

In the terms of blocking, we have predicting method which represents will it particular camp be used for blocking or not. There are 2 types of information which player gets after camp is under attack :
    1. to be = warning slider
    2. not to be = no slider = what I got tonight here.

1. To be type is designated by following rules :
    a) type of the General, fast as BHG where rounds last shorter, and slow Tavern where rounds last longer,
    b) % of winning, in my picture I had 40% for example,
    c) most important = total time (example Treasure of Wisdome - suicide+blocking attack = prnt.sc/e5tdmy )

Total time of the attack can be 2 forms :
    1. no warning slider = 40 seconds max time of the battle, most of the case its suicide attack, this is why you didnt saw the warning slider, or
    2. more than 40 seconds = warning slider must be shown as player had intention to do block where "possibility" can be various, in my case was 120-160 seconds as example. I had 6 rounds with Tavern General which is 100 seconds minimum, more than enough to be outiside "suicide" form.

As we speak about the blocking, what I use to detrmine will I use blocks or not in any adventure is by following rules. All adventures have maximum XP points you can get, for this one its 207.575. You can get it on 2 ways, do by the guide without the blocking (camp by camp) or kill more troops elsewhere. Me and my friend do HLT adv where he gets full 91.090 XP, me 88k. This was strange for us as we used the same guide, but he had more Generals than I do and I used M instead 2 waves with R he does. In this case, Ventures have low XP points, not worth to play by the guide as I will kill so many troops in suicide form and will get max XP for sure.
    Last edited by Fafarona; 07.02.17 at 21:15.

World
    Northisle
    I may have been wrong about the catapults. But the progress bar under the camp is not to warn us it's there to show the countdown for your troops to destroy the enemy camp building, like Dorotheus explained. That bar is shown when your troops have killed all the enemy troops from the camp so it's shown only on victorious attacks. If your attack wont win the bar wont be shown.

As your simulation shows the block has only 40% chance of winning that battle so the bar will become visible only on those 40% of battles.

To be successful the block has to last the length of the battle on the leader + the travel time the general attacking the leader takes after the block battle has begun.

The xp we get from the adventures is based on how many enemy troops we have killed and it doesn't matter how we kill them (there has been some discussion if using buffs like roa and assassin affects on the xp). So if we kill all the camps in the adventure, even by killing only the leader camps, we get the max xp. But when lootspotters kill some of the enemies they will get that xp and it's deducted from our total.
    Last edited by Durin_d; 07.02.17 at 21:31.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafarona View Post
    It is a bug, can and should be fixed.
    Sorry, but you're wrong in so many ways..

First of all, you can not use ROA or Assassin on the camp which is under attack. Those buffs you can use only before you attack the camp and if you want to reduce power of the camp, its whats for they intended to use. Big and Small Catapult you use if you have "risky" block and thats why they are so expensive in the terms of the Star Coins values. As example, my friend started VLT, and Camp 5 where I lost without the slider b4, was 94%, 120 seconds, 105 ES+40S+60 Cav, he used Small catapult :
    prnt.sc/e5sodx - you see white colored camp, which means you can use Small Catapult, and just for your eyes its killed by Small Catapult :
    prnt.sc/e5som2 - killed.
    Whether (or not) a combat buff is usuable on an already fighting camp, is rather a lag issue and not a bug.

In the terms of blocking, we have predicting method which represents will it particular camp be used for blocking or not. There are 2 types of information which player gets after camp is under attack :
    1. to be = warning slider
    2. not to be = no slider = what I got tonight here.

1. To be type is designated by following rules :
    a) type of the General, fast as BHG where rounds last shorter, and slow Tavern where rounds last longer,
    b) % of winning, in my picture I had 40% for example,
    c) most important = total time (example Treasure of Wisdome - suicide+blocking attack = prnt.sc/e5tdmy )

Total time of the attack can be 2 forms :
    1. no warning slider = 40 seconds max time of the battle, most of the case its suicide attack, this is why you didnt saw the warning slider, or
    2. more than 40 seconds = warning slider must be shown as player had intention to do block where "possibility" can be various, in my case was 120-160 seconds as example. I had 6 rounds with Tavern General which is 100 seconds minimum, more than enough to be outiside "suicide" form.
    Please, read atleast that post I linked you.. Blocking time per round!? Tage explains.. instead of trying to convince all great TSO adventure guide makers are wrong.

As we speak about the blocking, what I use to detrmine will I use blocks or not in any adventure is by following rules. All adventures have maximum XP points you can get, for this one its 207.575. You can get it on 2 ways, do by the guide without the blocking (camp by camp) or kill more troops elsewhere. Me and my friend do HLT adv where he gets full 91.090 XP, me 88k. This was strange for us as we used the same guide, but he had more Generals than I do and I used M instead 2 waves with R he does. In this case, Ventures have low XP points, not worth to play by the guide as I will kill so many troops in suicide form and will get max XP for sure.
    How do your friend do his kill in your HLT compared to how you do your kill in his?
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 07.02.17 at 21:39.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    You said you did not use kill buffs therefore they have nothing to do with this bug of yours, there is no need to mention them any more as they have nothing to do with this, they have as much to do with it as any generals and troops you had back on your home island.

The game has no way of knowing you intended a block. You used combat mechanics to make a block but the game only sees two different attacks being made. The attacks are connected only in your mind.

First lets look at the battle duration according to the sim you used. It says between 120 to 260 seconds with 167.2? in brackets. Well that can't be right its actually got be either 160, 180 seconds. What it's not telling is the probability for each timing.
    Now look at your battle report it says 6 rounds, this tells me that attack lasted the minimum amount of time possible (120 seconds).
    Result is you had a bad roll of the combat dice and lost because the attack on camp one lasted the minimum amount of time possible, NO BUG you was just unlucky.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread