Reply to Thread

Thread: New Temporary Islands

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland

New Temporary Islands

Hi all

I know this may seem strange and we all were very grateful for the new island space previously and for the increased levels... And while most of us will never see level 75 at least we make very very slow progress.

In order to stiimulate the game I believe that we need something new that we can do on a regular basis. Here is a suggestion that may seem a little crazy.. But as many say Im crazy anyway here goes.

We could have a very small islands off shore where we could build a shipyard. (or a space on home island to build a shipyard)
    To get to this island we would have to build a bridge Parts to drop randomly from adventures... Parts for the construction of ships could also drop from various adventures thereby giving a reason to play adventures that have been left to one side. If we could have 3 types of ships. an explorer, and 2 transporters.. 1 for troops 1 for goods.

The explorer would find temporary island that would have camps similar to those on the home island that we would have to conquer the island in a number of sectors. Each Island that we conquer would have a limited but useful amount of resources that we would be able to mine. When the resources were depleted the island could then be evacuated in order to allow us search for another one and so on. The idea being that people could only have 1 additional island but its worth would be depleted after its resources had been "Plundered" In this way we would seek to continuously find and explore new islands....
    Last edited by Rebloom; 08.02.17 at 11:04.

World
    Northisle
    If you remove the bridge and ships ad add the possibility to attack other players islands you have expeditons/pvp

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Durin_d View Post
    If you remove the bridge and ships ad add the possibility to attack other players islands you have expeditons/pvp
    Nope Pvp is a completely different att system . I have never enjoyed pvp. and with this you would have to seek out and transport the resources. In pvp you get the resources if your island isnt attacked and in this you work to mine or harvest whatever resources there are

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Do you mean islands with random resources or resources suitable for the player level?

What sort of level would these islands become available ?
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Do you mean islands with random resources or resources suitable for the player level?

What sort of level would these islands become available ?
    They would have to be level appropriate. so explorers of lower level players would discover islands on a medium search for example.. They would only be able to do the longer searches at higher levels that would give them the more high level resources. Explorers cannot do extra long searches until u are level 50 and above. so it would not be difficult to make searches player level appropriate...

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    when i started reading i thought "oh u mean more advs," but no, i quite like this idea. nothing to complicated just find an isle with some resources on it and bleed it dry

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I actually quite like this idea particularly for level 63+ where there is nothing to really do other than plunder on to the next level.. would give more reason to play with a purpose for players who have reached the point where no new buildings are being introduced on levelling etc. it would also give lower levels reason to stay and not give up by still only needing 1 troop set and the possibility of extra resources when stuck in a rut, however with this type of system already in place with 'pvp', as much as I and others are likely to think this is a very good and novel idea I dont think BB would introduce it on that basis.. one day though I may be pleasantly surprised

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax030310 View Post
    would give more reason to play with a purpose for players who have reached the point where no new buildings are being introduced on levelling etc.
    More of the same resources you already have in excess is hardly a reason to play.

Especially if you gate those resources behind elite units - then the only reasonable choice is to make the rewards plat ore and mahogany, which is something any well developed player has millions of.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Having to complete adventures to collect ship pieces would give more purpose. Completing advetures otherwise left to rot, giving variety and new goals to aim for, in the same sense of excelsior, rather than just the slog of getting to the next level. Resources earned through conquering could be distributed to guild members (if in one) if the complaint is excess. It has already been suggested to make the island resources level appropriate which could be anything from salt, tit ore and granite, not just as you say plat ore or mahogany. At the end of the day its a suggestion for game improvement and I think its a great one. Whether you agree or not is your choice just as my opinion that it would potentially enhance gameplay experience with having more to aim for in the upper levels and boosting economy for the lowers. Just like PVP some like it some dont. If this was ever implemented then treat it the same. if you dont like it or dont see the point in it, dont do it.. simples.

Reply to Thread