Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: real challenge ,no guide

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Have to disagree with you, the new General skills will not stop the current guides working. If they stop working then that is a indication that the player has done something wrong not the guide writer. One ramification of the new skills is that unlike Geologists and Explorers adding a skill to a general can affect the results of other generals battles, we don't have this happening with the old science skills. If done correctly the result of giving a General a skill will just be a better outcome to battles, which is to say the current guides will be working better than before.
    You got me wrong, I just said will not be 100% accurate, blocks will stay, but if you got increase speed of general as well, the block need to be nerfed from player, also, I understand more powerful generals means more success for general to finish faster and make blocks better, but still, with more troops for generals, the guides will be almost not the perfect attack, Major with 295 troops, Vargus and Nusala with 195 and 180 troops, will be more powerful, you could find attacks with almost 0 losses while in old guide you have some losses for those camps.

So, I can't see how they could be batter (except the blocks will be safer yes I agree with you here), but not perfect, you could get a better result if you do your own modifications for attacks, blocks will stay as it is for sure (except if the player got faster general).

Again, they will still work, but not even more than 90% accurate !
    Hello People

qawpaw
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownGuy View Post
    thing i would like to see in game is adventure that cant be guided ..

i suggest adventure with RANDOM units in bandit camps and semi random position of camps(set in the way that makes some blocks possible) so player is forced to calculate DURING adventure duration of blocks ,position of camps and also units used to attack.
    (guides would not be possible coz troops and position of camp would differ in every adventure).

this is difficult , so rewards should be much better then regular, guided adventures
    If one asked in a forum 10 years ago for a guide it whas cheating

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by qawpaw View Post
    Five years before game was even developed. If you got that good clarivoyance it surely is cheating.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownGuy View Post
    this is difficult , so rewards should be much better then regular, guided adventures
    This is not difficult, this is random, which, by definition means the outcome might swing both ways - might either be more difficult or become easier.

This is also why loot would have to be random to go along with the difficulty, and BB would have to implement hell alot of additional logic to properly recognize how difficult the adventure is to make the reward adequate.

Especially if you consider the difficulty does not scale linearly, and adding 2 more bosses to the camp might aswell make it undefeatable ... or completely pointless if the camp is pushed aside and you dont even have to attack it on your way to obtaining the primary objective.
    Last edited by sparkz; 20.02.17 at 15:08.

qawpaw
    every use of guide is cheating case closed

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    +1

every use of guide is cheating case closed
    Indeed. I cheat time by using guides. It's precious and it save you from repetitive boredom on something that is supposed to entertain you. Which this suggestion could do if done right, for a couple times until it join the repetitiveness club. Thus by that fact alone I am tempted to decline the suggestion, but I think I'm not the only one who are severely displeased with the quality of the adventures contra their value in loot and xp, I'l just support this instead of expecting ALL adventures to be fixed.

Reply to Thread