Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: real challenge ,no guide

BrownGuy

real challenge ,no guide

thing i would like to see in game is adventure that cant be guided ..

i suggest adventure with RANDOM units in bandit camps and semi random position of camps(set in the way that makes some blocks possible) so player is forced to calculate DURING adventure duration of blocks ,position of camps and also units used to attack.
    (guides would not be possible coz troops and position of camp would differ in every adventure).

this is difficult , so rewards should be much better then regular, guided adventures

World
    Sandycove
    I've posted this very same idea - I've heard people say the combat system is so simple they can 'do it in their head' so perhaps I'm a little dense, but it's harder than that for me. It would be a fun challenge to have to figure it all out each time. Especially camps that change location.

+1
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Northisle
    +1, PVP is similar, as in you need to figure out the attack on each map setup but some adv's doing the same thing would be good.
    Have fun!

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    It make no sense if the rewards was not affordable, so +1 if adv give good loot as well, so lazy players got motivated

Anyway, PvP (which is not really a PvP) got exactly as what you suggest.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    sounds like pvp to me

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    So play without guides and combat sim then?

Why should everyone else suffer from your wish to play game in a particular way?

Almost every time I play an adv I need to modify slightly from guides anyway because minor variables change.

It's probably perfectly possible to implement (though hearing about PvP issues I wouldn't expect it to be good), but it will invariably end the same way. Lots of people very angry since they got stupid hard camps for no reward. And a couple lucky people who lost 15r for massive rewards.

Are you really that keen on us getting more places to be frustrated by pRNG?

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    So play without guides and combat sim then?

Why should everyone else suffer from your wish to play game in a particular way?

Almost every time I play an adv I need to modify slightly from guides anyway because minor variables change.

It's probably perfectly possible to implement (though hearing about PvP issues I wouldn't expect it to be good), but it will invariably end the same way. Lots of people very angry since they got stupid hard camps for no reward. And a couple lucky people who lost 15r for massive rewards.

Are you really that keen on us getting more places to be frustrated by pRNG?
    Agreed you dont need to use a guide if you dont want to, and the game gets laggy already without any random factor added to it.

Soz to the OP and his +1's but until the game goes anything other than flash its not going to do it any favours :/
    Last edited by Thejollyone; 15.02.17 at 14:45.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Sometimes what sounds like a simple suggestion turns out to be a lot more complex than it appears on the surface, this is such a suggestion.

To start with the camps can't be completely random according to the games definition of random. There are up to five different difficulties of camps on a map so each camp would only be capable of having certain mixes of enemy troops. Due to the nature of things given time it will be possible to build up a knowledge base of whats needed to handle each camp. From that knowledge base it will be possible to come up with some sort of guide.

Then we have the issue of troops required, the only guarantee of having the troops is a large population. At the very least this means only players with well developed islands will be able to indulge in these sorts of adventures. This means high level which in turn means access to Elite Troops which in turn means you have the bottleneck of the Elite Barracks so these adventure would be an occasional diversion.

Finally we have the question of loot, we already have players complaining about lack of Granite and Building drops. Do we want to add only getting adventures from which statues are a decent reward to that list.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Just to add something, new generals skills will make more "challenge" and guides will no more work 100%

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVictorious View Post
    Just to add something, new generals skills will make more "challenge" and guides will no more work 100%
    Have to disagree with you, the new General skills will not stop the current guides working. If they stop working then that is a indication that the player has done something wrong not the guide writer. One ramification of the new skills is that unlike Geologists and Explorers adding a skill to a general can affect the results of other generals battles, we don't have this happening with the old science skills. If done correctly the result of giving a General a skill will just be a better outcome to battles, which is to say the current guides will be working better than before.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread